Being dumped for someone else!

Ok me and my ex started dating back in highschool junior year I was her first for everything I’ve dated plenty of other girls before her and am pretty good looking guy but I don’t drink or smoke and well I’m a bit different from peeps my age I’m 19 btw me and my ex had to hide our relationship from Her mom cuz I ain’t from the church.

My ex has had a rough childhood and a terrible mother that was abusive to her most of her life so I had to deal with that. There were times where she would come to my house crying cus of her mom and either the women in my house or me would take care of her me and her graduated together and went to prom together. Also my ex is the insecure type because of her weight and felt like she didn’t deserve me because of how I looked when we first started dating.

Whenever I told her she was beautiful she wouldn’t believe me she wouldn’t even let me pick her up in my arms sigh. But anyway I went home last summer cuz I hadn’t been home in 5 years I’m from Belize when I came back home my ex broke it off with me cuz she no longer wanted to hide stuff from her mom and she got tired of it.

I told her I’d wait to be with her again till the summer of 2018 to see if her mom became more accepting and would change we basically ended up in a situationship till about May 2018 till she broke it off with me to go chase someone else cuz we got to separate community colleges my ex changed when she became friends with this girl that treated me like crap and me and my ex don’t live far from each other now I got mad when I saw who she left me for cuz she’s doing the same thing we did from Highschool.

The guy acts ghetto and I act more nerdy since I am one when me and my ex hung out we would have sex or watch tv there was barely time for dates cuz we only Got so little time to spend I was willing to join her church and meet her mom to make things work but eh life so anyway idk if it’s a rebound but I think they’ve already had sex and they’ve met each other’s Dad but can’t meet each other’s mom cuz religion or what not my ex blocked me on Snapchat but didn’t block me anywhere.

Nnor did she block my friends and the guy she’s with lives farther from her than I do the thing is I’m her first love and what not but wonder if she’s already over me or even has any type of love for me idk it’s just been hard cuz she doesn’t think she’s beautiful and is very jealous and we hardly argued about stuff she’s the type to flight than fight but I just don’t know what she expects to be different with this guy.

I don’t want her to expect him to fill my shoes also she contacted me a month ago i contacted her weeks later on Snapchat we talked for two days then she blocks me so idk what’s going on with her any advice ?

Also I forgot to mention my ex saw me 2 weeks ago and got scared and hid her face !

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
bathtub-row

If she was abused and raised in a strict religion, she’s probably just on a rebellious streak right now and needs to grow up on her own. Sometimes we have to let people help themselves. I’m sure she’ll remember you with fondness but this is a situation that’s complex and drowning in problems.

You say the new guy seems ghetto. Well, so does her mom. So maybe it's warmly familiar to her. You know, people sometimes cleave to familiar things because they feel they know how to deal with it and also some hope they can prove something and change the person when they can't change their parent.

No doubt you may be better for her, but it doesn't all come down to practicalities, as you know. She is young and so are you, and she probably has some exploring to do since he's only been with you. You already did that but it wouldn't hurt you to broaden your horizons either. Good luck.