Very Sudden Break-up of LDR

ConfusedDude79

Hi everyone, i don't know where else to go or who I can talk to. Just need some neutral opinions or feedback.

My long distance girlfriend and I just broke up end of June. We've been together just shy of a full year.

I am late 30s, she is mid 30s, divorced with 2 kids.

I will break it down.

We met on a dating app.

When we first started this relationship, she logged on and found me still on the dating app. She got pissed and ignored me for a day. We talked, fixed it and moved on.

A few months later, she gets pissed at my Instagram activities. I follow a bunch of models/bloggers and 'like' their photos (I do not know them personally). She gets upset and ends the relationship.

From this we are on a break for 2 months. We do eventually get back together. We discussed that we should not have any doubts if we are to get back together. She agrees to us again.

Now 6 months later, we are in an awesome place. We see each other very often, travel a lot together, text daily, video call often.

Now, 10 days before we were planning to see each other, we were having a very nice conversation and she randomly brings up the first problem we have about me still being on the dating app a year ago. She explodes and says she regretted meeting me and we are a mistake.

She said she can't forget it and hates it.

FYI, she has never brought this instance once over the entire year.

She ends up blocking me on Whatsapp, and I end up trading a few emails with her.

She does eventually unblock me on Whatsapp and we trade a few harmless texts.

This past weekend things get heated, I told her she is extremely childish and emotionally immature on why she kept quiet about this the entire time.

She said she has her right to bring it up as she hates it.

I eventually say some really nasty things to her which I do apologise to her the next day.

2 grey tickets but no blue tick.

It's probably over for good but part of me is still unhappy how she only focused on 1 bad part and ignored all the good we had.

She does sound very immature and a horrible communicator. This is a good thing. No one should be in a relationship that keeps them walking on eggshells. And who knows, maybe she was wanting to end it and used the excuse of you being on the dating app a year ago as a way to exit.

• Author
ConfusedDude79

Firstly, thank you for the response.

Yes she is an extremely bad communicator and she has said it to me before that she does not like to communicate on problems lol. Im like wtf.

Anyway she said that is THE reason, nothing else.

She does sound very immature and a horrible communicator. This is a good thing. No one should be in a relationship that keeps them walking on eggshells. And who knows, maybe she was wanting to end it and used the excuse of you being on the dating app a year ago as a way to exit.

Communication is important in order for a relationship to function and grow. Without it, there is no relationship. If she does not like to communicate when there are issues, then it results in her stewing with resentment over something that was supposedly resolved a year ago.

And the whole breaking up/blocking/unblocking/breaks — all sounds like a roller coaster of manipulation.

Move on from her and stay no contact. I’m sure she’s the kind that will go up and down. Even if you both rekindled, it will at some point fail again.

• Author
ConfusedDude79

Tomorrow will be the date a year from when we first met in person.

My heart is telling me to text her and my head is telling me NO and NC!

Tomorrow will be the date a year from when we first met in person.

That marks a year of dysfunction. Don't romanticize. Focus on the reality.

My heart is telling me to text her and my head is telling me NO and NC!

Listen to your brain. Your heart has zero clarity because it is in a fog.

The drama doesn't change just because it's your one year anniversary. It'll still be there the day after and all the days to comes. The choice is yours.

• Author
ConfusedDude79
That marks a year of dysfunction. Don't romanticize. Focus on the reality.

Listen to your brain. Your heart has zero clarity because it is in a fog.

The drama doesn't change just because it's your one year anniversary. It'll still be there the day after and all the days to comes. The choice is yours.

You my dear are amazing, thank you! Going to listen to my head!!!!

shes clearly into you and wants some commitment at this point, thats why she angry and insecure.. especially at that age

either man up and make it work by moving closer together or leave her alone

• Author
ConfusedDude79
shes clearly into you and wants some commitment at this point, thats why she angry and insecure.. especially at that age

either man up and make it work by moving closer together or leave her alone

Well, she’s moving to another continent for her kids studies in a months time.

She claims that’s not the reason why we split.

I didn’t mention before, she told me from the beginning she’s moving away in a years time.