Moved too fast

LostInLove10

I was dating a guy for a month. Everything was going great we had good chemistry and connection. I supported his career aspirations as well as supported him by getting him things I thought could help him out, such as, groceries, toilet tress, knick knacks, etc.. I would also pay his utility bills from time to time as he didn’t have a credit card and he would give me the cash instantly. He contacted me regularly and I stayed a couple weekends at his house. He also took me on a couple nice dates which I thought we enjoyed each other’s company immensely. I admit I believe we moved rather quickly being that this was my first post divorce relationship in 2 years which included intimacy. I asked him on a date one evening and my card declined at the restaurant. The bill was $48. The restaurant said that their machine couldn't read the chip on my credit card. So he paid the bill, disappeared and left me in the restaurant, and later texted me that he was embarrassed and don’t call him. Was he trying to get rid of me all along? Did he have someone on the side or wanted to date someone else but couldn't tell me? What would make him break things off so abruptly if he really liked me?:confused::(:sick:

DrReplyInRhymes

Was your card declined outright? Or was their machine simply not working at all?

Whichever it was, either way, it shouldn't matter nor be a big deal to make that call.

Sounds like he was simply looking for an excuse or an out,

So give him what he wants, don't waste your time sitting to pout!

What would make him break things off so abruptly if he really liked me?:confused::(:sick:

Your declined credit card. It told him you were not financially stable which is what he's looking for in a woman. It's obvious he uses women to help him pay his bills, buy him food and anything else he might need. Once he found out you are running out of money there was nothing left for him to stay for.

• Like 1
DrReplyInRhymes
Your declined credit card. It told him you were not financially stable which is what he's looking for in a woman. It's obvious he uses women to help him pay his bills, buy him food and anything else he might need. Once he found out you are running out of money there was nothing left for him to stay for.

I mean that's quite the assumption but yeah that could be...

He's an opportunist.

Next dating cycle - don't do/pay for so much with a guy.

Allow a man to sincerely make effort for you before trusting him.

Okay...this one is odd. Perhaps he is an opportunist but who knows? Why was he embarrassed? That just seems extremely bizarre to me.

I suppose move on from this one. If he asked you not to call, don't call, text or whatever.

Sorry this happened :(