The final straw?

I'veseenbetterlol

I am absolutely heartbroken, my bf is my best friend, but I'm starting to see a side of him that really worries me. Plus this makes me doubt how much he truly cares for me.

I have been debating for years to buy a gaming system and I finally made the decision. The pro version was on sale and just a little bit more expensive then the regular one. My bf wanted to make a exchange for the better version. The gaming system is say 400, the upgraded one was 450. My bf would give me 50 dollars plus his gaming system (he bought it several years ago) for my new one. Instead of paying 400 for a new system, I would be paying 400 for a used one (same version). That really got to me as I would be the one losing out. Its not about the money or the system, its principle that my bf would rip me off. Btw I said no and I told him how I felt. He played it off as nothing. Btw I buy my own stuff that I want, I don't depend on anyone to buy it for me.

A gaming system can't be the sole reason you're heartbroken and on the verge of wanting to end it. What else goes on in your relationship with him that has you on the brink?

• Author
I'veseenbetterlol
A gaming system can't be the sole reason you're heartbroken and on the verge of wanting to end it. What else goes on in your relationship with him that has you on the brink?

Def not just the gaming system. Overall he is kinda arrogant w/out anything to back himself. He has told me and others how goal oriented he is and has nothing to show for it.

Def not just the gaming system. Overall he is kinda arrogant w/out anything to back himself. He has told me and others how goal oriented he is and has nothing to show for it.

I can't tell as to your history with him based on your other threads but if a relationship or partner isn't making you feel content and safe, then it would be best to figure out why and if it's worth investing.

If you feel he's not compatible in terms of your future goals as a couple, then walk away.

In this situation with the gaming system, sounds like he's entitled and only cares about what benefits him. If he wants an upgraded system, he should go get one for himself and not try to pull a fast one on you. I'm glad you said no.