Dating during this social media age is such an odd thing to me. That being said I jus

I loved my ex very much and wanted to marry her. Stuff happened and we broke up. Well she broke up with me. She came back 6 months later. I was really torn. We discussed things for almost 2 months and in one of our discussions about us she said something that really pissed me off to the point that it made me change my mind about us. I called her later that same day and told her she needed to move on.

So is it weird that I keep looking at her insta story a few days after telling her to move on? I’ve been looking almost every day for a little over a week now.

For those who don’t know, if you view someone’s story it tells you who has viewed it-so she knows when I look. She posted something at 1 am last night and I checked it. I stopped looking then went back and looked at the rest of her story.

So is it weird to look?

Edited by Leojax
Happy Lemming

I don't know if my experience is relevant or not (as I don't do social media), but here goes...

Many years ago, I dated a woman for about 2 years and she dumped me. I was upset, but go over it fairly quickly.

Fast forward about 20 years and I was purchasing a book (on-line). As you may be aware, after you purchase a book, a group of other suggestions is placed at the bottom of the page. Oddly, this woman's book appeared in my suggestions. Her book had nothing to do with the subject of the book I had just purchased.

I can only assume that she made a list of people that may be interested in her book. Somehow through this computer/internet meta-data, it ended up on my suggestions. I guess she wanted me to read it, so I did end up purchasing and reading it.

In my opinion, your ex-girlfriend put this story out into the public domain for everyone to read, including you. Again, in my opinion, no its not "weird" to look. Just as it was not "weird" for me to purchase and read my ex-girlfriend's book.

I don't know that I would keep visiting the story, as it is keeping these fresh wounds open. Maybe print it and put it in a folder. You may want to re-visit it a few years down the road.

I loved my ex very much and wanted to marry her. Stuff happened and we broke up. Well she broke up with me. She came back 6 months later. I was really torn. We discussed things for almost 2 months and in one of our discussions about us she said something that really pissed me off to the point that it made me change my mind about us. I called her later that same day and told her she needed to move on.

So is it weird that I keep looking at her insta story a few days after telling her to move on? I’ve been looking almost every day for a little over a week now.

For those who don’t know, if you view someone’s story it tells you who has viewed it-so she knows when I look. She posted something at 1 am last night and I checked it. I stopped looking then went back and looked at the rest of her story.

So is it weird to look?

It's not weird. But this is what social media does. It prolongs contact long after contact should have really ended. I suggest blocking her. When you keep seeing updates and posts from that person, she's going to keep occupying your mind and you may find yourself not healing.

- Beach

Eh I do think it's odd to tell someone to move on and then days later look at their stuff, and almost daily at that. Telling someone to move on is kind of implying that you've already moved on, so why be on her stuff?

It's normal to be curious after a breakup and check-in. It's a little abnormal to do it so consistently...