Girlfriend Has broke up with me after 10 years

Barryturner

Ok 3 weeks ago my ex broke up with me saying she wants some1 who will show her love. We have a 3 year old daughter and I am sick to the stomach with fear that another man will be living with my daughter. My ex is still in contact with me keeps telling me all that she ever wanted and when I ask for 1 change to show her she says it's too late. I need help

Sorry this happened to you.

If you think about it, perhaps there were signs that she was checking out of the relationship long before she actually told you how she felt.

You can't control how other people feel, or what they do.

If she says it's too late, it's best to go low-contact with her, and talk to her about things concerning your daughter, and nothing else.

At least this way you will be able to maintain your dignity.

I'm sorry for what you're going through. Is there some truth to what she says, that you haven't shown her love? It can be easy to take someone for granted, but they will notice it even if you don't. Anyway, I hope you work things out, and at least find something in this to learn from for the future.

Try sending her flowers. It's a cliché for a reason.

I can promise you this will not work like it does in the movies.

Instead, it will remind her how you never sent her flowers before and come across as a bribe for sex and a relationship.

Best advice it to tell her you still love her and would like to work it out if she changes her mind and disappear as best you can with a shared kid.

Then, start dating other women and slowly come to the realization she is not coming back.

The flowers are symbolic . . . as in you are trying to change. They are also designed to spark a conversation about reconciliation. They are not an instant fix.