Why do exes suddenly post a lot on Social media?

Another question here, I would like some opinion about this topic.

Why do exes appear so happy on social media, as unfortunately, some news of my ex gf keeps getting to me, and heard she's been posting on Instagram quite sporadically, almost everyday and every week.

What exactly is the rationale, is this normal?, do they suddenly become happy?

Anyone had similar experiences?

Who did the dumping? If it was her, she IS happy for sure. If it was you, she's just moving on. Life doesn't end just because someone breaks up with you. The healthiest most resilient people will accept it and go out and start making a point of staying busy and having fun and find someone new to date.

• Like 1

You need to disconnect on social media & tell the people who are bringing you news about your EX's on line activities that you would rather not know.

Social media is like a daily (hourly) dose of Christmas letters. People would write these newsy happy missives about every fabulous thing that happened to them over the year. It made their lives sound perfect. For people who weren't doing as well, these could be hard to read. They were also only one side of the story. Nobody talks about the bad stuff: breakups, job loss, deaths etc.

People post happy stuff because that is the upbeat picture they want to present to the world. It isn't necessarily the truth.

• Like 2

Fake portrays for the most part.

Trying to show others that they are successful/happy

Pretty shallow

• Like 1
Fake portrays for the most part.

Trying to show others that they are successful/happy

Pretty shallow

Yea I don't do social media but have found when people post how great things are, they are trying to convince themselves.

Same thing in real life like when a woman tells you how great her bf/husband is. Last time I had a woman telling me that, she ended up filing for divorce a few months later.

• Like 2

I think there is a direct correlation between a spike in "happy" posts and someone's inner sadness.

Like, if you notice a couple suddenly posting a lot of "we're awesome" stuff, it generally means a breakup is on the horizon. It's the story they are trying, and failing, to inhabit. Similarly, if a newly single person starts posting lots of "i'm a happy badass" stuff, they're generally masking pain, fragility, confusion.

It's toxic, and we're all susceptible to it.

Related story: broke up with my gf 6 months ago, and shortly after went on a "badass" trip motorcycling abroad. Started off posting the obvious stuff, but couldn't deny that it was making me just feel hollow.

So I started posting the truth: that I was struggling, struggling in my heart, struggling to appreciate the beauty around me—real vulnerability on a shallow platform. Turned out to be really, really freeing, allowed me a little bit of healing/closure, and soon I was able to be present and really enjoy myself—the beauty, the despair, all of it.

• Like 1