LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Night from hell with Ex

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2018, 4:49 PM   #16
Established Member

Do not try to meet this guy again, OP. You cannot handle it, and he is playing you for a total fool.

He was worried because he thought you might die. His panicked reaction was normal under the circumstances, but you are hoping it means something more? No. Leave him alone now.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2018, 5:44 PM   #17
Established Member

He chose her. Not you. She’s met his family. He’s claimed her to be his girlfriend. You won’t be able to heal and move on because you’re still holding on.

The longer you hold on, the more you’re going to get hurt. You won’t ever be his girlfriend again. He may keep you on the back burner or keep you for sex. Is that what you want?

Why would you want to be with someone who doesn’t want to be with you? Nothing could feel worse than that.
PinkPampies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2018, 5:48 PM   #18
Established Member

Yeah, just leave it, OP. Every amount or kind of contact you have with him just delays true healing. Send a text if you must, but then cease contact at that point.
losangelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2018, 5:48 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglife2019 View Post
I don't know if this is useful, he did say we could never hook up. But however then continued to grab my ass etc.
Because that's what he'd like but figures you won't go for it. He told you he's incapable of love. Believe it.
Old 25th March 2018, 5:50 PM   #20
Established Member

Why is he grabbing your ass if he has another girlfriend? I would be well pissed if my boyfriend did that to another girl he was hanging out with, ex girlfriend or not, you don't go around grabbing another girls ass when in a relationship...
Rainah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2018, 6:20 PM   #21
Established Member

Ah and you’re the victim in all of this, aren’t you....
HumanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2018, 6:30 PM   #22
Established Member

We all make mistakes, no need to beat yourself up. But why...

Why are you going out with him if he has a girlfriend? Why is he grabbing your ass and acting sexually toward you if he has a girlfriend? Why did you allow it?

Why did you tell him that you were going to commit suicide? And, why would you do anything more than send him a text to apologize... and then find a consellor to help you examine why you make such poor decision with your life and why you have such poor self-esteem that you would consider/threaten suicide.
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2018, 6:35 PM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Not sure how his current gf feels, I did say to him at the beginning if she had any issues we should go our separate ways and he said she didn't!
It shouldn't take you saying anything to him. He should not have been in your company to begin with.

Quote:
I do regret how it escalated and for what I said. I would like to apologise to him, I just don't know when or how to! My mother told me he was extremely upset on the phone to her last night and that he was really worried. And for that I think I owe him an appolgie.
What you have is an emotional affair going on--and most likely, this will escalate to a sexual affair and you will have destroyed an innocent woman (his girlfriend) because you won't back off. Him giving you permission to be out with him in a girlfriend capacity is non sequitur.

The word "no" is understood by every human by the age of 18 months.

Quote:
I was shocked by how worried he was about me!
He was reacting to being manipulated.

Quote:
But I do realise he has a gf who has met his family, done things that we never done together. And I respect his choice.
I don't think you do. If you did, you wouldn't have been out together and none of this drama would have ensued.

Quote:
I also don't know her but I wouldn't want to upset her so hence why when he was grabbing my ass, pulling me close to dance with I told him to stop and that it wasn't right.
You. Shouldn't. Have. Been. There. At. All.

Quote:
While we where fighting and I was begging him to leave me alone all he kept saying was I was his petal (his pet name for me) anyway I know this would never work, I do think he has some feelings for me but doesn't want to go down that road. He told me Yesterday he was incapable of love, don't know why he said it. How can I apologise to him, should I text or ask to meet for a coffee?
You can't.

You blew it. Let it go and leave him be.
If the person you're with treats you in any way other than well, and you keep sticking around trying to make it work, you're no longer a victim of what they're doing--you're a volunteer. ~ Derrick Jaxn
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2018, 6:36 PM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
He told you he's incapable of love. Believe it.
Agree. My exH told me this after our failed reconciliation. Well, during it I guess, and he also told our counselor.

Believe it.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2018, 9:53 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Not sure how his current gf feels, I did say to him at the beginning if she had any issues we should go our separate ways and he said she didn't! I do regret how it escalated and for what I said. I would like to apologise to him, I just don't know when or how to! My mother told me he was extremely upset on the phone to her last night and that he was really worried. And for that I think I owe him an appolgie. I was shocked by how worried he was about me! But I do realise he has a gf who has met his family, done things that we never done together. And I respect his choice. I also don't know her but I wouldn't want to upset her so hence why when he was grabbing my ass, pulling me close to dance with I told him to stop and that it wasn't right. While we where fighting and I was begging him to leave me alone all he kept saying was I was his petal (his pet name for me) anyway I know this would never work, I do think he has some feelings for me but doesn't want to go down that road. He told me Yesterday he was incapable of love, don't know why he said it. How can I apologise to him, should I text or ask to meet for a coffee?
I wonder if she would have issues with how he was dancing with you. Kinda aggressive with his hands.
usa1ah is offline   Reply With Quote