GF broke up - wants to be FWB instead

Thingsfallapart

Question for the ladies;

Why would a girl (24) tell her bf (32) she doesn’t want to be boyfriend and girlfriend anymore but wants to be FWB instead?

She said she thinks we can’t change our negative points and we will keep having the same trouble... so why not just break it off? Why go non exclusive FWB ?

She will break it off later. She is letting you down easy. She wants to date others.

Yep, exactly. If it were me I'd move on immediately.

PegNosePete

She doesn't want a relationship with you any more, but she enjoyed the sex so she wants to carry on having it with you while she shops around for better options.

• Like 2

She is at the age where she wants to get hit on and explore other options but come back to you when she's drunk and/or hit a dry spell. This is why a lot of early 20s/early 30s relationships don't work. You are in different stages of life.

Good Luck out there :)

Question for the ladies;

Why would a girl (24) tell her bf (32) she doesn’t want to be boyfriend and girlfriend anymore but wants to be FWB instead?

She said she thinks we can’t change our negative points and we will keep having the same trouble... so why not just break it off? Why go non exclusive FWB ?

Because... (and I am a lady), and no offense, but you are good enough in the sack that she wants to still screw you, but she does not think a real relationship would work.

I have been the same way with some women, although I don't ever say it quite as bluntly as your girl did.

And it may not really be you. She may want to play the field and see what else if out there. And really, at 24, I cannot blame her.

If it bothers you, then you can just brake up with her.

You may want to go for a little older girl, because you being 32, odds are that you are ready to settle down at least a little if not get married, While she, and girls her age, just are not ready for that in most cases.

HumanMachine

She wants to fulfill her sexual needs until she finds someone else. She will have a taste of the single scene (Chad, Tyrone etc.) and you’ll be a distant memory.

The sex will be wild. Yes it might screw you up in the head a little (or a lot).

You could try to enjoy it because once she is gone, she is gone.

But you have to make it only about the sex for you as well (if you can). If you make it to be anything more than sex, she will lose whatever respect she has left for you.

So you have two options:

1) Leave now.

2) Enjoy the sex (easier said than done).

I tried that with my last gf,,, after she moved 5 hours away... I got hurt quite badly by it... because it was more to me than just sex,,, so, if you can't get your head out of it, don't even try unless you enjoy pain.

ExpatInItaly

Very unwise idea.

You will get hurt. Any woman who suggests this is just not that into you, as far as being in a relationship goes.

• Author
Thingsfallapart

She called me today and said that she feels FWB is a bad idea...

Even though I know she wasn’t so great for me because I was never a priority, I’m really hung up on her...

When we were together all the signs were there that she was really into me.

However, I’ve decided it’s probably best to go Low Contact and just contact her when she contacts me...

Still hoping she will change her mind but I know from experience that when a girl decides to break up it is rare that they change their mind...

• Like 1
She called me today and said that she feels FWB is a bad idea...

Even though I know she wasn’t so great for me because I was never a priority, I’m really hung up on her...

When we were together all the signs were there that she was really into me.

However, I’ve decided it’s probably best to go Low Contact and just contact her when she contacts me...

Still hoping she will change her mind but I know from experience that when a girl decides to break up it is rare that they change their mind...

You don't want her to change her mind because if you take her back now, you're gonna experience a unique treatment in which you'll be going through multiple humiliations, you will lose your self respect, and in the end you'll be thrown out of the car, and be left weak and miserable on the side of the road.

Because... (and I am a lady), and no offense, but you are good enough in the sack that she wants to still screw you, but she does not think a real relationship would work.

I have been the same way with some women, although I don't ever say it quite as bluntly as your girl did.

And it may not really be you. She may want to play the field and see what else if out there. And really, at 24, I cannot blame her.

If it bothers you, then you can just brake up with her.

You may want to go for a little older girl, because you being 32, odds are that you are ready to settle down at least a little if not get married, While she, and girls her age, just are not ready for that in most cases.

Whoa. I thought you were a dude based on your posts.