long question

broken heart 12345

broken heart 12345

my ex girlfriend and I dated for about 6 years, out of which 3years we were engaged, she left me about 6 months ago coz of too many fights we had.

we were trying to work things out and kept meeting till 2 months ago i found out she started dating someone else.

so I stopped contacting her after that till today.

during this separation she had blocked me on fb and instagram, I have 3 accounts on fb, one is the main account we share our picutres in, one i use for my work and other i created but not using it, so she blocked me on all these 3 accounts and my only one instagram account.

2 weeks ago i realized she had unblocked me from only one account which had our pictures in it, and still there, some of them are only shown to me, and some are shared with her friends.

she still kept the engaged to me event on her fb but shared only to me and her.

what does that mean? and since she edited the privacy of some pictures and the engaged event why didnt she delete it? why only this account not the rest two?

i havent contacted her still, and i havent asked her why.

CautiouslyOptimistic
my ex girlfriend and I dated for about 6 years, out of which 3years we were engaged, she left me about 6 months ago coz of too many fights we had.

we were trying to work things out and kept meeting till 2 months ago i found out she started dating someone else.

so I stopped contacting her after that till today.

during this separation she had blocked me on fb and instagram, I have 3 accounts on fb, one is the main account we share our picutres in, one i use for my work and other i created but not using it, so she blocked me on all these 3 accounts and my only one instagram account.

2 weeks ago i realized she had unblocked me from only one account which had our pictures in it, and still there, some of them are only shown to me, and some are shared with her friends.

she still kept the engaged to me event on her fb but shared only to me and her.

what does that mean? and since she edited the privacy of some pictures and the engaged event why didnt she delete it? why only this account not the rest two?

i havent contacted her still, and i havent asked her why.

It isn't possible for us to have these answers either. I suggest you reach out to her if you're interested in a reconciliation. Otherwise, block her and don't worry about why she's blocking and unblocking you.

Her FB status doesn't mean anything. The most likely explanation is she forgot to change her status because that is how trivial it is; it slipped her mind.

If you 2 couldn't get it together to get married after 3 years & you eventually had so many fights that you broke up, you need to be apart. You need to disconnect from her on all platforms & concentrate on your own healing. You can never go forward in life if you remain tethered to the anchor of the past.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly
Her FB status doesn't mean anything. The most likely explanation is she forgot to change her status because that is how trivial it is; it slipped her mind.

If you 2 couldn't get it together to get married after 3 years & you eventually had so many fights that you broke up, you need to be apart. You need to disconnect from her on all platforms & concentrate on your own healing. You can never go forward in life if you remain tethered to the anchor of the past.

This is so very true.

Something was really not working anymore if the two of you weren't able to solve the problems that kept causing fights.

• Like 1
canadaman817

It does seem confusing that she would unblock you and seem to have shared certain events with you, but it's fairly common for people to slip up on social media and share things they didn't mean to (I've certainly done so before). It could be possible she still has feelings for you or is feeling nostalgic about your time together, though. Could you ask her about it? Are you on good enough speaking terms to do so? You should certainly be respectful of her new relationship, but it would be nice for you to be able to reconcile about this and relieve your anxiety about it.