LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Does this text sound like itís over for good?

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2018, 10:44 AM   #16

No, honey.

This guy sounds like a self-important jackass who treated you like complete and utter dirt.

If you're clinging to the memory of him this hard, you don't think much of yourself. Have you considered therapy? (Not trying to be mean, I recently started it myself to work through some stuff.)
AwkwardRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 3:45 PM   #17
Established Member

Does this text sound like itís over for good?

Weíve already talked about this. Nothing has changed but for real mentally you need to let go regardless of what happens. Itís not healthy to hang on like this. I told you that months ago. Forreal just love your life and nothing has changed.
Riot21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 3:47 PM   #18
Established Member

Yes, he is telling you to let go and move on with your life.
Old 7th March 2018, 3:59 PM   #19
Established Member

It sounds like it was over for good a long time ago and he's getting exasperated by you hanging on.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 4:03 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot21 View Post
Why shouldnít I talk to him?
Because talking to him keeps you in the past. It leaves you wondering and questioning about something which is over and prevents you from moving on.

Oh, and the fact he's a manipulator and liar is also why you shouldn't talk to him.

So seriously, why are you still talking to him?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 4:40 PM   #21
Established Member

How many times is he going to have to tell you he doesn't want you before you realize he's not who you hoped he was and move on?
Old 7th March 2018, 4:43 PM   #22
Established Member

Yes. He's over and out for good.
Agonistes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 4:47 PM   #23

Exactly what part of that message leaves you wondering?
Brieanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 7:55 PM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
It sounds like it was over for good a long time ago and he's getting exasperated by you hanging on.
Yes. This is what is meant. Sometimes, it may be hard to interpret texts but this is black and white. No gray area.
CantTakeMySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 9:01 PM   #25
Established Member

Other posters might find this other post relevant to the OP's state of confusion.

Quote:
My ex says he is on the fence about loving his new partner... and wants to meet with me in six months and says if I change my negative reactions to things then we could work out. But in the meantime he will try to make things work with this girl and he says he may love her but isnít sure.
Riot21, I think your ex was keeping you hanging on as backup option, which is an incredibly selfish thing for him to do.

His latest message indicates that he is now backtracking because he can see how invested and upset you are. He doesn't want the drama, so he is telling you to move on. He just wanted a convenient replacement waiting in the wings in case things don't work out with this new woman.

I'm sorry you are hurting but you need to hear this. This isn't love and should be unacceptable to you. He is an untrustworthy user. You deserve to be number one, and the right guy will treat you like that, not him.
Scarlett.O'hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 3:48 PM   #26
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Members, repetitive/duplicate/similar threads became an issue here so we put the thread starter on read-only for a few days to see if they can follow our guidelines in the future to prevent duplicate responses and taking up member time. Feel free to offer any further advice on their breakup in this thread and we'll do some further consolidation as found. Thanks!
William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 4:57 PM   #27
Established Member

To be real frank, the text indicates that you've gotten to be more trouble than you're worth. He kept you around for easy sex. That's all it was, plain and simple. You probably just continued to push buttons emotionally, and the sex wasn't worth it for him anymore. He's done just about everything but punch you in the face, and you're still trying to figure out how you can get more of it. I normally wouldn't be quite so blunt, but I think you might need a little bluntness.
BC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 5:53 PM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Weíve already talked about this. Nothing has changed but for real mentally you need to let go regardless of what happens. Itís not healthy to hang on like this. I told you that months ago. Forreal just love your life and nothing has changed.
Even he is telling you that your behavior is unhealthy and you need to move on...

What more is there too understand? Let. Him. Go.
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2018, 5:22 PM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
Because talking to him keeps you in the past. It leaves you wondering and questioning about something which is over and prevents you from moving on.

Oh, and the fact he's a manipulator and liar is also why you shouldn't talk to him.

So seriously, why are you still talking to him?
Does he sound like a narcissist?
Old 6th June 2018, 5:24 PM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett.O'hara View Post
Other posters might find this other post relevant to the OP's state of confusion.

Riot21, I think your ex was keeping you hanging on as backup option, which is an incredibly selfish thing for him to do.

His latest message indicates that he is now backtracking because he can see how invested and upset you are. He doesn't want the drama, so he is telling you to move on. He just wanted a convenient replacement waiting in the wings in case things don't work out with this new woman.

I'm sorry you are hurting but you need to hear this. This isn't love and should be unacceptable to you. He is an untrustworthy user. You deserve to be number one, and the right guy will treat you like that, not him.

Does he seem like a narcissist? He said he now loves his girlfriend after being so so unsure of her for months. Even straight up telling me he didnít think they would last now he says he wants to maybe marry her