Her weird behaviour

Hi guys, thanks for all the good advices you gave me so far. Some threads ago i wrote that my ex's friends invited me to a party. I chose to go, even if I was a bit unsure. Her friends (all girls) started asking me how I was doing, if I was seeing anyone, and if I slept with anyone(very straightforward, i know) since. I saw some girls, I told them but never anything serious.The time for the party came, I was a bit stressed before seeing her again, after all it was 4 months since I last saw her. But it went good, I stayed surprisingly calm and I enjoyed the party with them. She seemed a bit shy tough, she acted like she didn't know how to act around me. I acted like I always do, funny, joking with them. The next morning we all woke up, and I went home. Some days later I met her mom, which told me something that I still don't understand. The day after the party, she came home, went up to her room and started crying like crazy, saying that I'd changed (which i'm happy it's been noticed) ,and that I had another girl (from the talk I had with her friends before). Now, what the hell does it mean, and why would (or should) she do that?

P.S. if you need more insight feel free to read my previous threads.

Edited by anzep
  • Author
Why are you hanging out with your ex and her friends???

long story short, her friends asked me to come to a party for a friend we have in common which was about to leave for 6 months, and my ex is her friend too. I'm not hanging out with them for any other purpose

pretty simple...

she's upset that your not pining for her and not all messed up about the breakup.

this in no way means she wants to reconcile but u dented her ego, it's as simple as that.

• Like 4
  • Author
pretty simple...

she's upset that your not pining for her and not all messed up about the breakup.

this in no way means she wants to reconcile but u dented her ego, it's as simple as that.

In this moment of my life knowing that the roles have switched is pretty good for me. I'm done crying over anyone anymore.

So denting her ego is ok for me :bunny:

In this moment of my life knowing that the roles have switched is pretty good for me. I'm done crying over anyone anymore.

So denting her ego is ok for me :bunny:

Good for you man,

Yeah at this point denting her ego is as good as it gets for you. Over time, she'll have a deep respect for you for being that guy who didn't chase and cut her out of your life forever.

I'm going through a similar thing although I haven't spoken to my Ex for over 18 months :)

It's a very odd situation when you realise that treating them poorly and putting them on ice completely actually hurts them a bit and is the only thing that leads to them respecting you.

Its just confusing when they act weird when you give them what they wanted but you have to hold the course. Sooner or later, they give up as well and you realise their anguish doesn't really mean they want to reconcile.

• Like 1
  • Author
Do you want to know bad enough to ask?

At this point it's just curiosity, given how she behaved until now, which was distant, careless, and selfish.

Good for you man,

Yeah at this point denting her ego is as good as it gets for you. Over time, she'll have a deep respect for you for being that guy who didn't chase and cut her out of your life forever.

I'm going through a similar thing although I haven't spoken to my Ex for over 18 months :)

It's a very odd situation when you realise that treating them poorly and putting them on ice completely actually hurts them a bit and is the only thing that leads to them respecting you.

And best wishes for your situation!

Its just confusing when they act weird when you give them what they wanted but you have to hold the course. Sooner or later, they give up as well and you realise their anguish doesn't really mean they want to reconcile.

As we say in italy, take it and bring it home! I take this as a moral victory. At this point I don't feel the need to talk with her, which I suppose is what she would want, for me to go to her once more, which will not happen. She has something to say? She comes to me. And I sure as hell don't want to reconcile with someone so stubborn and selfish who can't set aside their ego and being reasonable for once.

Edited by anzep
PegNosePete
I'm not hanging out with them for any other purpose

Well then there's no need to waste your time and energy thinking what they are up to and why they do what they do. Just forget them and move on.

• Like 1
healing light

The only reason why I'd cry over a man and be in anguish would be if I still had unresolved feelings for him/was in love with him.

The only reason why I'd cry over a man and be in anguish would be if I still had unresolved feelings for him/was in love with him.

yet we hear about female dumpers doing it all the time but they never attempt an authentic reconciliation.

not every breakup leads to total indifference, not even if you are the dumper.

I don't know if I would contact her about it. She will then know you are thinking of her and that is what her ego wants.

• Like 1

She's just milking this for sympathy and attention. That's probably how she got her mom to go out and buy her a new iPhone.

• Like 1