Contact after 9 months

An ex who I had intense feelings for, commented on my FB post unprompted. We have mutual friends, 25 of them. I had commented on a status of FB friend jokingly and she (ex) replied back with another funny joke.

Initially I replied to her comment instantly, excited I was to hear back from her. Then I deleted my comment and merely liked her post to appear reserved.

However, her comment made me think about her for 2 -3 more days after that. It reopened the wounds/memories of good times we had spent together. Although, I have forgiven her about the backstabbing incident, in my mind, what pains me more is she is married and I cant be with her and nor can I express my true feelings for her.

I think, she thinks I like her and I cant imagine her not thinking about me while we are away. I am certain she likes me.

While she is not on my FB, I can't stop her from commenting on my posts with other friends. I also don't want to ignore her so much as to treat her like trash because she has been part of my work life. Almost like a work best mate, but, then reconnecting with her gives me pain and agony.

Story for who don't know:

One of the women I was working with is married and we had grown close together to the point she kind of cared for me. For eg: she would ask me how my flight was and would wait for me to be home certain days , so she could text me after work. We would talk every day at work and not a day went by when she would not talk with me. However we never expressed love to each other.

She and I had a nasty breakup. She kind of worked behind the scenes to work me out of my job and grab it. I was incensed and I went to her boss with evidence that she stole my ideas and sold as her and she was rising up using my skills and showing them as her. No action was taken and instead I lost my job.

After that I was mad at her for months. She posted post break up celebration pics etc. Pattern was similar to my ex wifes post break up signs.

Then she posted pics with other co workers. She would tag them to get my attention and when I didnt react then tag some more to get more attention. Those were her ways to show me how bad I had messed up. I simply never reacted either way to her posts.

However, I secretly missed her a lot after 6-7 months, cried, tried to get over her etc. Just as I was getting in high spirits.... she commented on my post.

Edited by Akashsingh

She's married.

She got you fired.

And now she's giving you breadcrumbs, and you're eating them up like a starving child.

Where is your self respect?

• Like 3
  • Author

For sure, her being married was my reason for not moving forward or making moves on her.

I also think that she likes to lead on and gets pleasure out of it. Leading on again is what she is doing. She thinks I am into her, but , I was not until towards the end of our relationship or until we had separated. Or didnt realize until then.

As for self respect, I thought I could maybe have some sort of friendship with her, but, the feelings for her (+ve) are too intense to have mere friendship. As for her getting me fired, I have decided to let go of negative emotions.

• Author
She's married.

Come on man.

I was not pursuing her. She was leading on. I was only responding.

Anyways, I blocked her after a week of thought. Now she doesnt exist online for me. This should settle it.

• Like 1

If the world were filled with people just like her... would the world be a better place or a worse place. She is not a kind person. She is not a good person. Let her reap her rewards that are coming to her. This world is full of broken people.

• 4 months later...
  • Author
An ex who I had intense feelings for, commented on my FB post unprompted. We have mutual friends, 25 of them. I had commented on a status of FB friend jokingly and she (ex) replied back with another funny joke.

Initially I replied to her comment instantly, excited I was to hear back from her. Then I deleted my comment and merely liked her post to appear reserved.

However, her comment made me think about her for 2 -3 more days after that. It reopened the wounds/memories of good times we had spent together. Although, I have forgiven her about the backstabbing incident, in my mind, what pains me more is she is married and I cant be with her and nor can I express my true feelings for her.

I think, she thinks I like her and I cant imagine her not thinking about me while we are away. I am certain she likes me.

While she is not on my FB, I can't stop her from commenting on my posts with other friends. I also don't want to ignore her so much as to treat her like trash because she has been part of my work life. Almost like a work best mate, but, then reconnecting with her gives me pain and agony.

Story for who don't know:

One of the women I was working with is married and we had grown close together to the point she kind of cared for me. For eg: she would ask me how my flight was and would wait for me to be home certain days , so she could text me after work. We would talk every day at work and not a day went by when she would not talk with me. However we never expressed love to each other.

She and I had a nasty breakup. She kind of worked behind the scenes to work me out of my job and grab it. I was incensed and I went to her boss with evidence that she stole my ideas and sold as her and she was rising up using my skills and showing them as her. No action was taken and instead I lost my job.

After that I was mad at her for months. She posted post break up celebration pics etc. Pattern was similar to my ex wifes post break up signs.

Then she posted pics with other co workers. She would tag them to get my attention and when I didnt react then tag some more to get more attention. Those were her ways to show me how bad I had messed up. I simply never reacted either way to her posts.

However, I secretly missed her a lot after 6-7 months, cried, tried to get over her etc. Just as I was getting in high spirits.... she commented on my post.

Update, its been 1 yr , 3 months since I last spoke with her and its been 1 yr since I lost my job due to her. I found a new job two weeks back. Phew I made it through. My parents visited me and calmed me down from my anger. It certainly helped me find a new job.

The emotions were raw for 1-2 last weeks and now they are moving on, slowly. However, I could not stop thinking about her for last 2-3 days. I know its been long. She seems to have moved on quickly and nicely though. As soon as we broke up , she posted pics of cuddling with her husband..... tagging my friends in them... then posted other pics of her looking pretty with her daughter.... I kind of recognized them as coping mechanisms that time .... or getting back at me mechanism.

Later on she commented on my post one day and I had blocked her from then on for 6 months. Now I unblocked her a few weeks back. She knows that.

Today she posted pictures again, tagging just 1 of my friends. She looked genuinely happy with lots of smile this time. Her daughter seems to be growing up very nicely and looks very happy. Although her husband was with her in most of her pics this time, there was no over the top display like before. I also didn't think this was coping or getting back at me mechanism. They genuinely looked like a happy family. I dont think she has any thoughts of me anymore (although one part of my mind says , she does)..... but perhaps she is trying to tell me she has moved on and we will never ever meet again...hopefully this will help me get closure and move on.

What won’t give you closure is staring at and analyzing all her pics. The woman is married and got you fired for crying out loud. You are your own worst enemy here.

ThreeRainbows
I was not pursuing her. She was leading on. I was only responding.

Anyways, I blocked her after a week of thought. Now she doesnt exist online for me. This should settle it.

I would take responsibility for my actions from here on out. We are in control of what we respond to. By responding, it only makes it worse.

Good job blocking.