Working with ex

I was dating my co-worker for more than 1 month. He dumped me over text because we were moving too fast and he was not ready. Since we meet at work and have many common friends, I asked him twice to talk it over in person to make our meetings less awkward and he refused, why why why???

Two weeks ago, I asked him to meet he said no so I started no contact (also went on a work trip which helped a lot). Today, I bumped into him twice and he was very very friendly, asking me where I have been (since I missed a work party) and telling me how busy he has been. Both times I met him, I left before my break was over and while he tried to keep me talking to me.

When I started no contact it was easy, because I was very pissed at him. Now that I met him I think he is so sweet and I am, again waiting for his text...

WTF is he thinking? Why he does not want to meet me in person, but he is the sweetest when we meet and asks me so many questions?

Meanwhile, someone else asked me out... I said yes, because I need to stop thinking about my co-worker, but I find it kind of unfair for him to go out for this reason...

CantTakeMySmile
I was dating my co-worker for more than 1 month. He dumped me over text because we were moving too fast and he was not ready. Since we meet at work and have many common friends, I asked him twice to talk it over in person to make our meetings less awkward and he refused, why why why???

Two weeks ago, I asked him to meet he said no so I started no contact (also went on a work trip which helped a lot). Today, I bumped into him twice and he was very very friendly, asking me where I have been (since I missed a work party) and telling me how busy he has been. Both times I met him, I left before my break was over and while he tried to keep me talking to me.

When I started no contact it was easy, because I was very pissed at him. Now that I met him I think he is so sweet and I am, again waiting for his text...

WTF is he thinking? Why he does not want to meet me in person, but he is the sweetest when we meet and asks me so many questions?

Meanwhile, someone else asked me out... I said yes, because I need to stop thinking about my co-worker, but I find it kind of unfair for him to go out for this reason...

It was a month. You need time to figure out feelings for someone. Evidently he found out pretty soon that you didn’t check all the boxes he needed

I don’t think dating someone for a month requires any serious talking after the break

• Author
It was a month. You need time to figure out feelings for someone. Evidently he found out pretty soon that you didn’t check all the boxes he needed

I don’t think dating someone for a month requires any serious talking after the break

I agree, but seeing him all the time, since we share same environment makes everything much more difficult...

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
CantTakeMySmile

I agree, but seeing him all the time, since we share same environment makes everything much more difficult...

I was with my ex for eight years and we work in the same office..three doors down from each other, so I get it... now, she is actually my direct supervisor go figure! But yeah? It hurts but you make it work...what

Other options do you have?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

He is being amicable and professional, you’re being immature. From the reasons he gave for breaking it off and how you’ve reacted............