525,600 minutes

DevastatedJDC

Dear ex -

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes since you did what you did. I called to see what time you were coming for dinner (after working for two days on it), only to be told you weren't coming and didn't love me anymore (after telling me you did every day for 11.5 years). You just walked away with no feelings, never to be heard from or seen again. You wouldn't even come over and talk about things, showing total disregard for our 11.5 years together. You wouldn't even return texts. You've made sure this past year that I'm not invited to many of our friend's parties anymore, or if I am, you don't attend. You told me the best thing I could do is look forward to the opportunity of a new relationship with someone else. You told me you've been wanting out of the relationship for over a year but couldn't bear thinking of me with someone else, yet you couldn't even respect me enough to talk about whatever issues you were feeling. You said we could still be friends, but you've obviously never listened to Brett Young's "Like I Loved You"..... You shattered my self esteem and my ability to trust. I loved you with my whole heart and had complete trust that you loved me back, only to find out, on the phone, on Valentine's Day, that it was all a lie. I want to contact you today on Valentine's Day, not with hopes of us getting back together, but to make you feel like crap for what you did to us, but I know there's no point since you have no conscious. I'm only left with regrets of how I could have been in love with someone that would do this to me. Happy Valentine's Day!

Edited by DevastatedJDC

I'm sorry this is a tough anniversary for you.

However, reading your history http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/coping/620488-just-can-t-move-have-broken-many-nc-rules#post7280782 it's clear that he did make his issues known. It was just that you wouldn't make the required changes.

I'm sure his love was solid for many years. But years of having his need for acknowledgement disregarded wore that love away until there was nothing left.