Ugh....thoughts?

spacebound0407

spacebound0407

My Ex and I broke up in November. The break up took me by surprise but I was very kind when things ended, even though she was not. I know I’m not completely over it but I know I have to move on and that is is what I’ve been doing. I did meet a great girl that I really like and see it going somewhere.

Fast forward: My Ex knows that I have a rule that anytime I’ve had a break up, whether I am the dumper or the dumped, I immediately go no-contact and usually block their number, I never could bring myself to block her but I stayed strong and I haven’t reached out since the day we broke up.

So I received a text from my Ex yesterday after months of no-contact, which said: “Hey, my number is probably still blocked...I just wanted to check in. Maybe it’s not. I hope you’re doing well. You are on my mind a lot.”

This took me completely off guard but it was definitely satisfying that she reached out. I debated responding but decided I wanted her to know that she wasn’t blocked. Basically my way of letting her know, I’m fine, I could handle hearing from her. So I responded: “Nope, not blocked! Thanks for the check-in, I’m doing well and hope you are too.”

And she responded: “I think I was expecting to be blocked. I probably would have reached out sooner. I'm glad you are doing well. I know the way things ended was messy and emotional. I'm not really sure what I want to say or how to say it...but I do owe you an apology. I could have handled everything a lot better than I did. I tried to leave you alone and give you the space you asked for and hopefully this isn't over stepping boundaries. I'm glad you are happy though.”

And I responded with: “Yes, it was messy, emotional and sad but it was an emotional time and I have no hard feelings towards you. We live and learn, right? I appreciate the apology.

And then she never responded. Yesterday, I felt like vindicated or something and today, I’m frustrated and in my head. Why did she text me? What did she mean by her text? Was she just relieving her guilt? It shouldn’t matter, I’m fine but now I can’t stop thinking about it. Thoughts?

She didn't respond because there was no need. She got her answer and you forgave her and all is good now. The door is open for her if she wants to try for more. I would not contact her again and would not be so quick to respond if she ever contacts you again.

• Like 3

She apologized and wanted to check if you're on the same page. But from my point of view, don't expect for a reconciliation after this. Maybe it was more of a closure for the both of you. :)