Valentines Day with NC Let it out

Making this post for anyone who like me is torn apart with Valentines Day coming tomorrow and brain and heart fighting on whether to break NC just to send a kind heart felt message to let them know you still care...but yet your brain knows it’s for the best if you leave it be...

Feel free to type the message your heart wants to send here to maintain NC and let it all out.

• Like 1
todreaminblue
The dark stuff comes oozing out the apple core like a beggars dog.

hahahahahahaha ahem.....very hallmark....patent that one...and put it in a card and charge twenty bucks.....deb

• Like 1
CantTakeMySmile
The dark stuff comes oozing out the apple core like a beggars dog.

Ok, I may be a little slow this morning.. but I don't get it? Help?

• Like 1
Fever of love
Ok, I may be a little slow this morning.. but I don't get it? Help?

Don't mean to confuse you, Can't... though if I did send to my ex I would be quite happy to confuse her and leave her puzzling for the day. Its just anti-valentine surrealism.

I'm boycotting unicorns and rainbows this year.

\m/

• Like 2
todreaminblue

the story behind valentines day

St. Valentine.

"He was a Roman Priest at a time when there was an emperor called Claudias who persecuted the church at that particular time," Father O'Gara explains. " He also had an edict that prohibited the marriage of young people. This was based on the hypothesis that unmarried soldiers fought better than married soldiers because married soldiers might be afraid of what might happen to them or their wives or families if they died."

"I think we must bear in mind that it was a very permissive society in which Valentine lived," says Father O'Gara. "Polygamy would have been much more popular than just one woman and one man living together. And yet some of them seemed to be attracted to Christian faith. But obviously the church thought that marriage was very sacred between one man and one woman for their life and that it was to be encouraged. And so it immediately presented the problem to the Christian church of what to do about this."

"The idea of encouraging them to marry within the Christian church was what Valentine was about. And he secretly married them because of the edict."

Valentine was eventually caught, imprisoned and tortured for performing marriage ceremonies against command of Emperor Claudius the second. There are legends surrounding Valentine's actions while in prison.

"One of the men who was to judge him in line with the Roman law at the time was a man called Asterius, whose daughter was blind. He was supposed to have prayed with and healed the young girl with such astonishing effect that Asterius himself became Christian as a result."

In the year 269 AD, Valentine was sentenced to a three part execution of a beating, stoning, and finally decapitation all because of his stand for Christian marriage. The story goes that the last words he wrote were in a note to Asterius' daughter. He inspired today's romantic missives by signing it, "from your Valentine."

just sayin...the origin of valentines day is not one that is really romantic at all.....its rather sad......and its biblical as usual some smart person decided to capitalise on making it profitable....and muddying the martyrdom and pure love of god and christendom from a brave soul who gave his life for his beliefs.....

i also have to add on this day of feb the 14th...my genetic grandfather was named valentine....

Valentine is a masculine given name derived from the Roman family name Valentinus, which was derived from the Latin word valens, which means "strong and healthy."

so everybody on loveshack have a very celebratory three part execution day and dont forget to add ...be my executed saint to keep it legit...forget the hallmark card they charge way too much....sigh.....its all about money.....

if you really love someone ....you dont have to wait till valentines day...to show them..... tell them every day...in the little things you say and do....

as far as i go ....i have never celebrated valentines day ...and i am a hopeless romantic.....for those who feel sad because they have no valentine this year...dont be sad......i have bunnies for you for free......:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:....:0)............deb

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 4
CantTakeMySmile
Don't mean to confuse you, Can't... though if I did send to my ex I would be quite happy to confuse her and leave her puzzling for the day. Its just anti-valentine surrealism.

I'm boycotting unicorns and rainbows this year.

\m/

I am boycotting as well. LOL. But, the thought of sending that to someone is kinda funny!

• Like 1
todreaminblue
I am boycotting as well. LOL. But, the thought of sending that to someone is kinda funny!

well its sort of in line with realism..rather than surreal........lol...made me smile....for its irony.....im actually giggling..i think i might keep that one for further giggles.....it actually sounds very monty pythonesque......i burst out laughing when i read it.....deb

If I did, i think it would be my last effort...

"roses are red, violets are blue, God I miss you so f*&king much right now"

todreaminblue
Meh. I'm dating myself this Valentines. :lmao:

i'm watching a favourite old classic movie tonight not in honor of valentines day but because its on at 830 and i love it...:0)....picnic at hanging rock......the story fascinates me....deb

• Like 1
i'm watching a favourite old classic movie tonight not in honor of valentines day but because its on at 830 and i love it...:0)....picnic at hanging rock......the story fascinates me....deb

Pair it with some popcorn or pizza or whatever suits your mood. Enjoy your date! ;)

todreaminblue
Pair it with some popcorn or pizza or whatever suits your mood. Enjoy your date! ;)

thankyou i shall...:0)..no pizza not a fan......and i ate all the popcorn this afternoon...lol....but i will have lots of ice water to make my tummy go all cold ...its hell hot here...deb

To my ex-fiance of 5yrs:

"I hope you are enjoying your first Valentine's Day without me. Last year we went to one of your favorite high-end restaurants. Now, you have the pleasure of celebrating Valentine's Day with your new boyfriend who is unemployed from what I hear.... maybe a nice McDonald's date is what you deserve anyway!!"

To my recent ex "fling":

"I was planning on taking you to your favorite Italian restaurant, but then your ex became single again and threw a giant wrench into our awesome relationship. It may have never had a chance since we were moving at the speed of light, but I enjoyed every second of it. It was nice to feel appreciated and wanted again. Besides, I saw traits of my ex-fiance in you. Guess I dodged a bullet with you too."

• Like 1
Nothingtolose

I'm on day 23 of NC....and to make it worse, my birthday is Feb 15th :) So I didn't get a message from him on Valentine's day, OR on my birthday, the very next day. Yeah.

I know I was the one who asked for space and NC so I could heal, but for some reason it made me so sad to not see a happy birthday message from him pop up on my phone - though I know it would have delayed my healing even more, so it's probably for the best.