Post break up. Will he come back?

nagem71499992

I was dating a guy for a month. Not a long time I know. But things were going great. We met each other’s family’s. He was a great guy. So nice and respectful.

He always seemed interested. Texted and called me first. He was the one who

Intitiated being exclusive and would also talk about up coming and making future plans. Then one day out of the blue he says that he feels bad but doesn’t think he can be in a relationship right now. He says it has nothing to do with me

And that I’m amazing. But when through a tough break up with his last relationship. Even though that was over a year ago. And it wouldn’t be fair to me if he couldn’t give me 100 percent. I really liked him and thought we had something. Is there a possibility of him coming back when he’s ready?

• Like 1

Doubt it, looks like he was using your company to get over his ex. Be grateful that he was man enough to cut it off when he did.

You dated some guy for 30 days, 365 days ago & you still wonder if he'll come back? Oh boy.

No there is no meaningful change he'll come back. There is a chance that you will win the lottery -- the money one -- & your odds of doing that are probably better.

You need to figure out why you missed the obvious lie dumpers tell -- not ready for a relationship now. You also need to figure what is so missing from your life that you have been able to hold out false hope for so long. That is your biggest problem here. Address that before you attempt to date again. Your level of attachment is disproportionate to the fleeting nature of this encounter.

• Author
nagem71499992

No it wasn’t after meeting my family. And we also had not hooked up yet. And his last relationship was over a year ago. This was very recent.

Happy Lemming
No it wasn’t after meeting my family. And we also had not hooked up yet. And his last relationship was over a year ago. This was very recent.

I think I figured it out, but you are not going to like it.

He dumped you because there was no sex. He hit his time limit for trying to have sex and cut you lose.

I have a slightly longer time frame, but I'll bail if I logged in the time and the dates and the relationship hasn't advanced. Oddly, I've only had to invoke my "time limit" rule once.

I'm really sorry, but sometimes guys are like this.

Just a working theory... and again I'm sorry.

Broken broken

Be glad he didn't drag you longer, move on, he is not interested in pursuing further. It might hurt your ego but you're better be off and try to not chase him. I'm not sure it's about not having sex. He might have stayed longer for sex but he would have left you anyway when he had enough since he knows he doesn't want to be in a relationship with you. That hurts if you cared about him but the earlier is the best. You should be able to move on more easily now than in few months or a year.