LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

My ex got a new boyfriend

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2017, 1:33 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Understood but you can't very well fire her. So your choices are 1). deal with her presence or 2). quit. Since you feel territorial about the job because you were there first, you are left with put up with her.
I just pretend she’s not there but is it crazy to say she joined on purpose ??
Brokenheartedman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 3:28 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenheartedman12 View Post
I just pretend she’s not there but is it crazy to say she joined on purpose ??
It's not crazy, no. But does it matter?

You will never truly get clear answers about her behaviour, even from her. All you know is that she is not nice, you two are no longer together, and you need to re-direct your emotional energy so you don't waste more of it wondering why she does what she does.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2017, 1:50 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Understood but you can't very well fire her. So your choices are 1). deal with her presence or 2). quit. Since you feel territorial about the job because you were there first, you are left with put up with her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc878 View Post
Because you allow it.

NC and she'll go away
I have been nc since August and I find out she’s asking my friends to hang out and all
Old 19th December 2017, 3:06 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
I have been nc since August and I find out she’s asking my friends to hang out and all
Right if these ‘friends’ were friends they would be politely telling her to f off and not say a word to you!

I’d be having words with them if i were you..
HumanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2017, 11:23 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
She's clearly trying to reinsert herself into your world.

If your friends are hanging out with her, get new friends. If she is asking them but they are declining, there is nothing more you can do.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 10:15 AM   #21
Established Member

I am getting aggravated

I guess you can say I use to be a hot head, I’m really trying to work on myself and just let things blow over me but my ex that I agreed to be friends with is really testing my patience here. Ever since we broke up she’s been very petty posting videos making fun of me and crap. I confront her about it and find out she misses me later we hooked up and all.

Than I go nc for while again. We agree to be friends but this time she’s talking to a new guy from school. Cool okay but she’s still doing the same crap! She says things are getting serious but she’s not ready to commit, they’ve been talking since June 6 dates. But she’s posting videos how she met a girl with the same last name as her ex boy friend (me) like cool??? Than she puts another one up saying when you call him by your ex boyfriends name like what the hell? This dude is okay with this?

When we first started talking she was flirty and wanting me to call her the cute names I use to when dating. She also sent me pics of us and this guy was in the picture. It makes me wonder why she’s doing it if she likes him it also makes me wonder how loyal she was when I was with her

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 25th January 2018 at 4:21 PM.. Reason: Paragraphs and move to BBU
Old 25th January 2018, 10:32 AM   #22
Established Member

The only person aggravating you is you. There is a way to cease being triggered by someone else and that would be to block them on your phone, stop communicating with them and to stop accessing their social media. If you chose not to take those steps, then the onus is on you. You can't control her and her actions but you can control yours.

These are immature mind games. Don't be a part of it.
Old 25th January 2018, 5:13 PM   #23
Established Member

I deleted her I honestly don’t see this relationship going anywhere with her and this guy she likes to flaunt it In my face which as me also feeling our friendship won’t work either she’s still pretty damn petty once we broke up I left her alone and for months kept making post about me could’ve been something big or something small. She tagged me on pics cursing me out this happened for 6 months. Than it died for a bit than we became cool and they started up again this time it was the girl and how she called this guy by my name mistakenly. She was also like telling me how he reminds me of him but we are nothing alike lol I guess how he chased her or whatever. But I’m sick of trying to be nice and she sends me random junk trying to seek attention from me or a reaction. Clearly she anit over it cause if she was she wouldn’t try flirting while drunk and sending me pics of us when she was looking for pics to hang in her room. Like enough well it’s over now
Old 25th January 2018, 5:27 PM   #24
Established Member

OP, it's time to finally admit to yourself that you two can't be friends.

It's also high time you blocked her on social media and your phone. Stop giving her access to you, and stop checking out what she's up to online.

She sounds terribly immature. There is nothing you can do about that. But you can refuse to stop participating in her childish antics. This merry-go-round can only exist while you're still along for the ride.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 6:03 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatInItaly View Post
OP, it's time to finally admit to yourself that you two can't be friends.

It's also high time you blocked her on social media and your phone. Stop giving her access to you, and stop checking out what she's up to online.
Yep. Your call.
springy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 6:07 PM   #26
Established Member

I removed her guys was sick of it!!! I feel bad for him to because I seem to still be the topic whether it’s a girl with the same last name or calling him. She still has a lot of my stuff and pics of us that he knows she sent to me reminiscing about it it’s alk kinda funny, I really loved the girl but ugh
Old 25th January 2018, 7:06 PM   #27
Established Member

OP.. what advice are you seeking?
CantTakeMySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 7:54 PM   #28
Established Member

Is she seeking attention from me or what is she doing if she has a new guy why she posting stuff about me still
Old 25th January 2018, 8:46 PM   #29
Established Member

Well? Why did you break up? How long did you go out? How old are you both?

Maybe this will provide more insight
CantTakeMySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 10:43 PM   #30
Established Member

We were friends for a year dated just about a year slept in same bed every night was marriage with out the ring. Talk about family. 22 and 20 broke up we both started getting jealous she would think I wanted to sleep with her friends. We shared the same phone passcode I only ever wanted her and I was jealous cause I was getting annoyed with some friendly coworkers of hers (guys)