Is a third chance possible if were meant to be together?

Patricia5827

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 2 yers. First time, 6 months and we fell madly in love. Then he broke up with me because he didn’t prioritize our relationship and barely made time for me.

Got back together 6 months later, and we jumped right back into the relationship and fell even more in love. He changed, made time for us, and did long distance for about a year. Moved in together 6 months ago, and he got promoted to manager of his job while I do my own thing so we’re both always busy.

He just ended it a couple days ago because he said he lost feelings for me, but doesn’t know why. I personally think it’s because he is so stressed with his life, he can’t find time to love me (you know the saying love yourself before you love someone else) he needs to graduate college, but doesn’t have the money, and all his bills go toward car payments and rent and what not. I’ve been so supportive of him always reminding him hey sign up for classes this semester and everything. But he says he doesn’t want to lead me on anymore. We are great together, communicate, are best friends, and seriously rarely fight. We both don’t want this break up, but I know this is probably good for him so he can go establish a school life and find a career he’s happy with. Do you think there will be a third chance? We both have told eachother “you’re the best thing that’s happened to me” and still say it and are best friends

Edited by Patricia5827
- were both 25 and are very motivated mature adults

No one is meant to be together. That is a fairlytale. There's no one right person. He doesn't care anymore and you're going to have to accept it. Don't start trying to think he doesn't know what's good for himself. He's lost feelings. You're going to have to move on. I'm sorry. We've all been through it. But life goes on. Don't let yours slip by waiting and hoping.

If all the guys I was convinced throughout my life were destined to be with me, I'd be living with two alcoholics and two ADD old guys right now.

• Like 4
HumanMachine

He has said he doesn’t have feelings for you anymore, can it get any more black and white than that?

• Like 1

Being “each other’s best friend” is not enough in a romantic relationship. He’s made it very clear that he doesn’t have romantic feelings for you any more.

Time to move along. And please don’t wait for a third chance as it will likely only end the same way again. Third time isn’t always a charm...

RecentChange

It's "mean to be" if you two can stick together through thick and thin. If you can be each other's rocks. If you can work through conflicts as a unit, and never be tempted to walk away.

It's meant to be if in times of stress you become cohesive and use your love and powers as a couple to over come.

You think stress has made him lose your love for you? Wait until the huge stresses of marriage, mortgages, child rearing etc challenge you as a couple.