Mixed signals: can’t tell if he still has feelings for me

Hopelessromantic04

Hopelessromantic04

My ex called me at midnight last night to wish me a happy new year. I wouldn’t think someone still has feelings for you if they are CALLING you as soon as the new year rings in?

I can’t tell. His actions are conflicting. We aren’t close enough anymore that we talk all the time but we are friendly.

HumanMachine

I’m confused how this is a mixed singal? He didn’t signal anything apart from wishing you a happy new year. If you can’t handle friendly communication then why haven’t you blocked him?

• Like 2
My ex called me at midnight last night to wish me a happy new year. I wouldn’t think someone still has feelings for you if they are CALLING you as soon as the new year rings in?

I can’t tell. His actions are conflicting. We aren’t close enough anymore that we talk all the time but we are friendly.

I think he has feelings for him. If you want to reconnect, just ask. If he says yes, you got what you wanted. If he says no, it will hurt bad for a few days but then you can ask him to STOP communicating and you will get the closure.

Frostedflake

Calling an ex at midnight on New Years is a point check. He wanted to see where you were and if you were with someone, even if he didn't directly ask.

I wouldn't imagine calling at such a time otherwise.

It's one thing to send a text on the day or minutes after, but a call is another thing. You're right to be suspicious.

• Author
Hopelessromantic04
Calling an ex at midnight on New Years is a point check. He wanted to see where you were and if you were with someone, even if he didn't directly ask.

It's one thing to send a text on the day or minutes after, but a call is another thing. You're right to be suspicious.

That’s what I was thinking. It’s one thing to text at mindnight (even that would be a bit suspicious). But to call at midnight gave me the impression that he was honking about me. And not on a friendship level. It’s not to hook up either given we live in different states now. He really doesn’t want to get back together now..we talked about this a few weeks ago. He did however say that, we could re-examine things of his life were more stable in the future (job wise). Sometimes, he does a lot to give me the impression that he doesn’t have feelings for me anymore. Like forcing me to dance with other guys when we go out. But then he does things like this. Or how we texted me ok Christmas Eve to wish me a merry Christmas.

I agree with this. He was obviously thinking of you in that moment. I certainly wouldn't call my Ex at midnight on NYE unless I wanted to make it known he's on my mind.

• Like 1

Honestly it can mean anything. If you say you guys are friendly maybe he just felt like being friendly. Just ask him how he feels. Will make everything simpler.

]I’m confused how this is a mixed singal?[/b] He didn’t signal anything apart from wishing you a happy new year. If you can’t handle friendly communication then why haven’t you blocked him?

I'm seriously getting really tired of people assuming that bevause someone wants to be friendly and check in that it means something more.