Does he want us to keep in touch?

Starfishlover

(It is an update of the thread “why did he keep blocking and unblocking me” http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/633167-why-did-he-blocked-me-when-i-didn-t-do-anything-bother-him )

After 8 months, I reconnected with him. I emailed him to explain what has happened in my family and why I became distant (I avoided the bad sex part), he responded the same day. Our email exchange was cordial and friendly.

He showed his understanding of my family situation and told me things have changed a lot on his side and he will only be visiting my city once more next month and relocate to other cities afterward due to work commitment. He gave very detail information about his move, which I found unusual given we have just reconnected and we don’t have long history of friendship or relationship. Also, I noticed that though he has unblocked me from Facebook, he is still blocking me in WhatsApp. Does he want us to keep in touch as friend or date or just stop here? My reply to him was short but supportive and positive, I didn’t indicate or ask to be friend or catch-up though.

HumanMachine

With all due respect, how are we supposed to know what is going on in your exes head?

More importantly are you ready for a platonic relationship? Should that be what he is looking for..

Why do you want to keep in contact with him?

• Like 1
  • Author
Starfishlover

I have to admit that I am looking for more than a platonic relationship with him when I decided I to contact him. It is both an emotional and rational decision. He has the whole package and I have a strong feeling for him that even after 8 months I still can’t let go. There is something in him that I cant find from other men, and we have the compatibility (except the sex part but I believe it was more a communication problem) I didn’t experience from other men. It was a calm and harmonious feeling, simple but sweet when we were together. I don’t know if he has the same feeling for me, he is ready to move on.

We can't get into his head.

You know what you want and need to ask him what he wants. A simple "What is your intention in reconnecting?" will do. If he wants a friendship, you know it's time to keep moving on. If he wants more, great—you two are in the same place and from there it's about taking it slow as you feel each other out to make sure you're reentering the relationship from a different, more healthy angle.

Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author
Starfishlover

3 weeks after our last contact, he is still blocking me in WhatsApp. Though our last email exchange was friendly, I think he still has not let go of the grudge from our “breakup”. I can’t work up the courage to ask him if he wants us to keep in touch. Looks like I should accept we have finished, after all he has planned leaving my city.