LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Blocked after argument!

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th December 2017, 12:43 PM   #1

Blocked after argument!

So 5 days ago we had an argument because he was being nastyabout the fact that I had family over from out of the country and he wasn’t ableto go out alone with me for that night. I called him out on being nasty andrude and he didn’t like it so he said some things and ended it with “have agood night”. I responded back but realized that he blocked me. I waited it outand thought he would unblock me for Christmas and he didn’t. We both planned tobuy each other something for Christmas.

Fast forward today is his birthday and I am still blocked.In the past he used to block me after arguments and I would reach out fromother numbers to contact him and we would make up..but I realized that loweredmy self worth. We’ve been together for 10 months. I am not doing that anymore. Noteven wishing him happy birthday. What really hurts is that I just had amiscarriage a few weeks ago and he’s treating me like this. I am not surprisedat all at his behavior because I realized he’s very selfish..only cares abouthimself. I feel like I should just go no contact without closure and move on.What do you guys think?
Sugarandspice2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 12:45 PM   #2
Established Member

I think you should turn the tables around and forget that no moral scum bag
Purepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 12:50 PM   #3
Established Member

Why in the world would you want to be with a monster like this? Don't tell me he's got good qualities, there are NO good qualities that justify keeping a man like this in your life. Block him for good and move on.
Old 27th December 2017, 1:01 PM   #4
Established Member

I am so very sorry about the loss of your child.

I think you dodged two bullets. He was no where near mature enough to be a father. He was being ridiculous about your family obligations. If his default is to immediately block & pout you need somebody with better conflict resolution skills.

I'm sorry he ruined your Christmas but you may be better off without this immature man-child.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 1:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeta View Post
Why in the world would you want to be with a monster like this? Don't tell me he's got good qualities, there are NO good qualities that justify keeping a man like this in your life. Block him for good and move on.
Sadly I can't stop thinking about the "good times" even though I know there were more bad times. There were so many red flags at the beginning where I should've left but I wanted the happily ever after.
Old 27th December 2017, 1:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepony View Post
I think you should turn the tables around and forget that no moral scum bag
I'm going no contact. It hurts because I was JUST pregnant for a child with him and he just forgets about everything and blocks me out his life.
Old 27th December 2017, 1:33 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarandspice2 View Post
Sadly I can't stop thinking about the "good times" even though I know there were more bad times. There were so many red flags at the beginning where I should've left but I wanted the happily ever after.
Use this as experience and wisdom kicking in. People that know best have been in your shoes and have learn from it. We are about to start a new year, start it on a white canvas you can draw a new life on. A life without him and without his abuse.

You think of the good times because that's how our brain is wired. While you were with him your brain created new pathways making him part of your every moment thought process. Once he's not there anymore your brain still tries to travel those same pathways but they don't exist anymore = pain. It's only a matter of time before your brain creates new pathways excluding him.

Stay strong & Good luck with everything.
Gaeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 1:35 PM   #8
Established Member

You may still get your happily ever after. It just won't be with him
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 1:51 PM   #9

There's a meme out there that says "its not real love if you've never been blocked before". I think you should take a a break and let him believe you don't care, that alway's drives them crazy.
samjamx478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 2:44 PM   #10
Established Member

Man child.....run!

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 2:51 PM   #11
Established Member

Hi Sugarandspice2,

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage as well as the trouble with your relationship.

We men rarely know how to communicate when it comes to our emotions. This guy seems to have more trouble than most.

Let me be clear, this does NOT give him the right to treat you badly nor does it mean you should allow it, you should NOT!

It's important to see the other person's point of view so we can understand and be compassionate to them and to ourselves.

I agree with most, that he is not good for you and you should move on. Breakups are usually hard and painful, regardless of which side you're on.

It's that hole in our lives, the fear of loneliness that keeps us in a relationship we know we should leave.

Don't play games and don't try to get him back. Use this time to work on yourself and to grow from the experience.

Sending you much love and light
she'stheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 6:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by she'stheone View Post
Hi Sugarandspice2,

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage as well as the trouble with your relationship.

We men rarely know how to communicate when it comes to our emotions. This guy seems to have more trouble than most.

Let me be clear, this does NOT give him the right to treat you badly nor does it mean you should allow it, you should NOT!

It's important to see the other person's point of view so we can understand and be compassionate to them and to ourselves.

I agree with most, that he is not good for you and you should move on. Breakups are usually hard and painful, regardless of which side you're on.

It's that hole in our lives, the fear of loneliness that keeps us in a relationship we know we should leave.

Don't play games and don't try to get him back. Use this time to work on yourself and to grow from the experience.

Sending you much love and light
Yea the game would usually be to reach out to him from other numbers/emails to "show him that I want to be with him". Games get old and I've had enough. Thanks for your response.
Old 27th December 2017, 9:30 PM   #13
Established Member

Out of curiosity, how old is he?

And are there any substance abuse issues with him?

I am so sorry for the loss of your child.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 9:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Out of curiosity, how old is he?

And are there any substance abuse issues with him?

I am so sorry for the loss of your child.
Mid twenties and yes he's an alcoholic
Old 27th December 2017, 10:44 PM   #15
Established Member

Block... This guy doesn't deserve you for another second.

Immature and selfish, this guy. And, he is being emotionally abusive to you. I have been there and it will destroy you, if it hasn't already. Run away and don't look back.
LilySun is offline   Reply With Quote