How to handle your anniversary day after breaking up?

It has been 2 month since my ex boyfriend broke up with me. He said he wasn't happy and wanted to see someone else. He was first love even boyfriend. He was my best friend but now it is like we are strangers. I felt I tried my best I could to reconcile with him. I even gave him my last long love letter, text, video, and even hug a few days after the breakup but I guess in the end it meant nothing to him or maybe he just didn't love me anymore. Tommorow would have been our 3 years anniversary with my ex. The worse part of feeling pathetic is how I now know that he has a new girlfriend for almost 2 month now. This week for me has been rollercoaster of emotions. To be honest, I don't know how to handle tommorow. I tried to ask friends or family to go out with me tommorow to distract myself but there are either too busy with work, school, taking care of kids, or even too lazy. I think maybe this isn't my year or I just have bad luck. So in the end I guess I will spending tommrow with me, myself, and I. I just don't know if I should just stay home or go somewhere far away and sob there and try to forget/forgive him. My question to everyone who has been dump for someone else is how did you handle the post break up anniversary? And ang suggestion for me? Thanks

I'm sorry to hear that, must feel pretty bad knowing that someone you love suddenly has a new girlfriend not too long after.

It just happen to be that today would have been my 3rd year anniversery with my ex, if he wouldn't have dumped me 3 weeks ago. It's a special day for me, or it would have been if were still togheter. It hurts, it hurts badly. I don't have any tip for you than keep youself busy. Today was an eventfull day for me, it just happen I had a talk this morning in front of a large audience. I have struggled preparing for it since I have been very sad and down, but somehow managed to pull togheter a presentation. Later during the day I moved apartment. I used to live togheter with my ex for almost 3 years. So the day after the break up I moved into my parents place while searching for something else and I found a place a week ago, move din today. After that I had to retun the rental car. So really been trying to keep myself busy. I did one thing that probably some here will find stupid. But I decided to leave a rose outside my ex old apartment. I heard him talking to a colleuge of his inside, but left immidiatley as I didn't want to prey (even though I really wanted to know what was going on) I heard something about him moving, I think? But I have no idea. I came back to my new place, cried a little because soo much has changed in my life during the course of 3 weeks.

I then immediatley went shopping groceries and unpacking bags, now I'm waiting for a phone call from a friend that will keep me occupied the remaining 2 hours of this evening.

So the key is, keep yourself super busy! because damn, it hurts knowing it was suppose to be our anniversary...

My 25th anniversary was 3 weeks after ex-H and I broke up (left me for another woman). I bought myself flowers, acknowledged it and went on with my day. It really is just a day.

Whenever I have to do something painful like that -- get through a painful anniversary -- I do one of two things:

1. Plan to have a great / distracting day surrounded by people who care about me & understand

2. Give in & wallow on that day.

Mostly I chose #3 but certain days, like the anniversaries of my parents' deaths, I still just hide out & wallow. As the years pass I am stronger on even those days.

You two haven't been apart that long so don't put too much pressure on yourself to fake happiness. Tomorrow can be just one of those healing is two steps forward one step back days. By next year you will not have that luxury.