Me [ 24 M ] ex [ 23 F ] back after nc for 4 months ?

Hello everyone i really need advice from you guys

i dated my ex for 6 months i made her life much better she was depressed , had anxiety, miserable life and i was there for her all the time

the relationship was good at the beginning and she treated me well then suddenly she get close to another girl ( her bestfriend now ) and things turned really bad

she started to treat me like dirt ( my fault i know ) , made me a joke with her bestfriend and still wanted to be friends and i figured out i was her rebound

last conversation between us was really bad she said awful things and didn’t appreciate anything i did to her and ended up saying im not man enough for her because of the way she treated me .

i blocked her 4 months ago from everywhere and had nc suddenly her bestfriend blocked me from all social media month ago for no reason and today she sends me a message telling me she had dreams about me and wish me all the best

Tl:dr: This girl hurt me for months and almost destroyed me should i reply to her message? or just ignore it ? and why did she contact me after all that period i don’t think she had guilt feelings suddenly?

Thanks

Ignore it. If you want another round of being treated like dirt, then respond to her.

She's probably yanking on the leash to see if her puppy is still there.

• Like 1
Hello everyone i really need advice from you guys

i dated my ex for 6 months i made her life much better she was depressed , had anxiety, miserable life and i was there for her all the time

the relationship was good at the beginning and she treated me well then suddenly she get close to another girl ( her bestfriend now ) and things turned really bad

she started to treat me like dirt ( my fault i know ) , made me a joke with her bestfriend and still wanted to be friends and i figured out i was her rebound

last conversation between us was really bad she said awful things and didn’t appreciate anything i did to her and ended up saying im not man enough for her because of the way she treated me .

i blocked her 4 months ago from everywhere and had nc suddenly her bestfriend blocked me from all social media month ago for no reason and today she sends me a message telling me she had dreams about me and wish me all the best

Tl:dr: This girl hurt me for months and almost destroyed me should i reply to her message? or just ignore it ? and why did she contact me after all that period i don’t think she had guilt feelings suddenly?

Thanks

Hey OP,

I'll give you a neutral response.

Firstly, my skepticism tells me she probably did have a dream about you, felt weak in the moment so she sent you a text. Beyond that, I don't think it meant anything else. I've heard girls use this before but have no intention of wanting to get back together. I think if she wanted to be with you, she should apologize and be straight with her intentions instead trying to mindf*ck a person who left and is just trying to move on. I don't think her reaching out is anything genuine and I think it's a bad idea to respond.

BUT putting my skepticism and personal experiences aside..

If you feel like you won't be able to get through the days should you ignore it, then respond to it and see what happens. Also, how else can someone who may have realized they made a mistake in the past with you, reach out? What can they possibly say? Maybe she's afraid to be rejected by you. Maybe that second round will help you clear doubts and make you more confident in your decision. But in any case, I warn that you're at risk of getting hurt. You were hurt by her once and chances are she'll hurt you again. If you feel like you can handle whatever comes your way, then put the ego aside and see what she wants.

Goodluck

Edited by Beachead
  • Like 1

"This girl hurt me for months and almost destroyed me should i reply to her message?"

Read what you wrote above until it sinks in. I would hope that just reading once again would give you your answer. The answer should be a resounding no. If there was heartfelt apology from her, then I might change my tune a little.

• Like 1