If the relationship became stail is supposed to be easier to move on?

Was with my ex for 6 years.

Dumped 3 months ago.

Last couple of months became difficult and tough between each other.

She left to go back to her ex husband as they have kids together.

I'm certainly better then the initial first few weeks but even if the relationship was dying out does it still take a lot of time to heal?

Knowing myself this will at least take a year or more.

It can take a while, but if you felt it was stale concentrate on that aspect and it might help you move along quicker.

We're all different and every breakup is different. I moved on within a week when my decade plus relationship ended, my last one was 6 months and it's going to take a long time due to the circumstances. The last one included betrayal out of the blue breakup. The decade long one was a dumpster fire for years so I was happy when it ended.

Best of luck and concentrate on the bad for now. The stale.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks trust666

I focus mostly on the time she smacked me really hard across the face then threw my clothes out of the house lol.

That was 2 years ago and should of ended then..

• Like 1

Then concentrate on that also, no idealizing just what you did not like. Makes moving on much easier.

Good luck with everything and sorry you are going through this. Heartbreak is a chance to learn and improve, channel the hurt and anger into a better you.

Grief & healing are not measured on a calendar.

It takes as long as it takes. If you mentally checked out before you finally said the words to formally end the relationship, your healing may have begun before the office break up.

Go at your own pace. Date when you are ready but not before, no matter how long or short of a time frame that is.