LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Can someone explain this message to me?


Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree61Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2017, 1:45 PM   #31
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyOne73 View Post
Despite the fact he is 30 in a few months, he isn't emotionally ready for what I want. He used to always blame it on abandonment issues due to his Dad leaving when he was young (but he still sees him today and talks to him).

I have even told him before several times that his words don't match his actions, to which he used to never say anything.
I have abanodonment issues myself, we all have baggage. When it comes to baggage we have to decide what works with our baggage.

If you can not deal with his actions due to his claimed baggage then it's a moot point. This is hard to see when emotion ovetakes logic, which heartbreak and falling in love do...they are emotions over logic often times.

After more time and continued NC your head will clear up and logic will overtake emotion.

If he is the way he claims to be at 30 he is going to have a rough go off things, so heal and do the whole "the best revenge is a happy life". Your future sounds brighter than his if I may say so. Once this guy hits his 30s he's going to be in for a rude surprise.

Don't talk to him, if he can do this to you once he will do it again, it's cyclical.
Trust666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 1:46 PM   #32
Established Member
 
TheOnlyOne73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: England
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
that doesn't make any sense. if you initiated the break up then it wasn't mutual. in addition, mutual break ups don't exist.
It was initially my idea. At first he resisted the idea then after a few days of thinking agreed to it.

To say who is more emotionally invested or who is hurting more is a difficult task. He claims he is miserable since the break-up, but I'm not.
TheOnlyOne73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 1:50 PM   #33
Established Member
 
TheOnlyOne73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: England
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust666 View Post
I have abanodonment issues myself, we all have baggage. When it comes to baggage we have to decide what works with our baggage.

If you can not deal with his actions due to his claimed baggage then it's a moot point. This is hard to see when emotion ovetakes logic, which heartbreak and falling in love do...they are emotions over logic often times.

After more time and continued NC your head will clear up and logic will overtake emotion.

If he is the way he claims to be at 30 he is going to have a rough go off things, so heal and do the whole "the best revenge is a happy life". Your future sounds brighter than his if I may say so. Once this guy hits his 30s he's going to be in for a rude surprise.

Don't talk to him, if he can do this to you once he will do it again, it's cyclical.

Great post. What exactly do you mean by "a rough go off things" and "a rude surprise"?
TheOnlyOne73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 2:23 PM   #34
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 64
My interpretation below. This is without know you, him, or any of your past. Just from reading that email.

He is saying, "I do love you I want to be with you, but i am not willing to to any work on myself to make you happy. I want to be myself and do what I want. if that is not good enough, well then, good luck to you and maybe we'll cross paths another time."

Is that good enough for you? Probably not. And in my opinion you have to look at the TOTALITY of the issues you have with the other person. Sounds like from some of the things I've read you are having multiple issues with him. When in a relationship you have to get the the "love, respect, and engagement that you deserve". See these articles:


Broken Heart - What Happens When Your Mind & Heart Are Not In Alignment? | Heal My Broken Heart

https://thoughtcatalog.com/becca-mar...who-broke-you/
JimmyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 2:41 PM   #35
Established Member
 
BC1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahara View Post
It's all flowery words. They say these things to keep you on the backburner. Plus it also alleviates their guilt and helps them look like the good guy. When in fact they're too cowardly to just let you go.

Block him. You have to move on.
This^^^
When I read that text, I swear it was almost verbatim what my last ex said to me when he broke up with me. Uncannily similar, and, yes, it's a mindf*ck like Zahara said. It's all words and nonsense. Actions speak louder than words; it he wanted to be with you he would. That text was a load of contradictions as you pointed out. If you're such a good catch, why would he let you go? If it's so painful to imagine you with someone else, why would he risk you finding someone else? And why would he think you'd be better suited in a few years? None of it makes sense. I don't even think he believes all of that, and I don't think my ex did either.

I'm telling you, my ex said all of this too. I was such a great catch, he loved me so much, he would probably never find anyone like me again, he was so upset about it all. But alas, it was just too much for him, and he just didn't think we should get married. But maybe in a few years we could reconnect, and it would somehow all make sense and we'd be together. What a nauseating load of bull.

The only way to get away from this mess is to block it and never look back. You will be back and forth and second guessing yourself with this guy. Oh, and my ex, he got engaged to someone else about a year later. So yeah, don't walk but run from this. You'll be glad you did. I was certainly glad I did because wouldn't it have been pathetic if he'd had to tell me he was dating someone? I'm not sure I could have survived that humiliation.
BC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 2:51 PM   #36
Established Member
 
TheOnlyOne73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: England
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1980 View Post
This^^^
When I read that text, I swear it was almost verbatim what my last ex said to me when he broke up with me. Uncannily similar, and, yes, it's a mindf*ck like Zahara said. It's all words and nonsense. Actions speak louder than words; it he wanted to be with you he would. That text was a load of contradictions as you pointed out. If you're such a good catch, why would he let you go? If it's so painful to imagine you with someone else, why would he risk you finding someone else? And why would he think you'd be better suited in a few years? None of it makes sense. I don't even think he believes all of that, and I don't think my ex did either.

I'm telling you, my ex said all of this too. I was such a great catch, he loved me so much, he would probably never find anyone like me again, he was so upset about it all. But alas, it was just too much for him, and he just didn't think we should get married. But maybe in a few years we could reconnect, and it would somehow all make sense and we'd be together. What a nauseating load of bull.

The only way to get away from this mess is to block it and never look back. You will be back and forth and second guessing yourself with this guy. Oh, and my ex, he got engaged to someone else about a year later. So yeah, don't walk but run from this. You'll be glad you did. I was certainly glad I did because wouldn't it have been pathetic if he'd had to tell me he was dating someone? I'm not sure I could have survived that humiliation.
Thank you very much for your response. How did you get over it all and heal? Do you feel sorry for the person he is engaged to now? I feel I need to run, the only problem is not looking back. I wish my ex luck because whoever he ends up with next will have a hard time putting up with all of the stuff I put up with, no self-deserving woman would want a relationship like that. If he can't commit to me, running away from me isn't going to solve any commitment issues, if anything it would just escalate them, so I don't see where he is going with this.

Last edited by TheOnlyOne73; 27th October 2017 at 2:53 PM..
TheOnlyOne73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 3:12 PM   #37
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyOne73 View Post
Great post. What exactly do you mean by "a rough go off things" and "a rude surprise"?
Many women and men in their 30s that do not mature and are unable to commit have a rough time dating, and or finding someone to put up with their issues especially non-commitment.

You two want different things also, you want commitment, he wants a girlfriend who doesn't want commitment, many in their 30s are done with the games and non-commitment thing.
Trust666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 3:23 PM   #38
Established Member
 
TheOnlyOne73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: England
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust666 View Post
Many women and men in their 30s that do not mature and are unable to commit have a rough time dating, and or finding someone to put up with their issues especially non-commitment.

You two want different things also, you want commitment, he wants a girlfriend who doesn't want commitment, many in their 30s are done with the games and non-commitment thing.
No, I think he does want commitment but doesn't know how to commit. He would often hint at it with me and talk of the future and our wedding, about how he only wanted to look good for me and no one else, how he wanted to concentrate on me and his career from now on etc
TheOnlyOne73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 3:34 PM   #39
Established Member
 
BC1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyOne73 View Post
Thank you very much for your response. How did you get over it all and heal? Do you feel sorry for the person he is engaged to now? I feel I need to run, the only problem is not looking back. I wish my ex luck because whoever he ends up with next will have a hard time putting up with all of the stuff I put up with, no self-deserving woman would want a relationship like that. If he can't commit to me, running away from me isn't going to solve any commitment issues, if anything it would just escalate them, so I don't see where he is going with this.
I went NC like my life depended on it. I kept grounding myself in reality. When I would circle back and wonder if it could have worked, I would ground myself in reality again. I kept reminding myself that he left of his own free will.

I don't feel sorry for the woman he's married to. In reality, I wasn't what he wanted, and I think he felt guilty about that because he knew I loved him and would have done anything for him. And he couldn't reciprocate it on the same level, but he felt bad about that because I was a good person. And he didn't want to hurt someone who has been good to him and that hadnt wronged him. But I didn't realize that until years later, and it made sense. The woman he's with now is exactly what he wanted.

It's not a commitment issue. People commit when they find the right person.
BC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 3:39 PM   #40
Established Member
 
TheOnlyOne73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: England
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1980 View Post
I went NC like my life depended on it. I kept grounding myself in reality. When I would circle back and wonder if it could have worked, I would ground myself in reality again. I kept reminding myself that he left of his own free will.

I don't feel sorry for the woman he's married to. In reality, I wasn't what he wanted, and I think he felt guilty about that because he knew I loved him and would have done anything for him. And he couldn't reciprocate it on the same level, but he felt bad about that because I was a good person. And he didn't want to hurt someone who has been good to him and that hadnt wronged him. But I didn't realize that until years later, and it made sense. The woman he's with now is exactly what he wanted.

It's not a commitment issue. People commit when they find the right person.
He still hasn't replied to my text saying that he was wrong (see the first post of this thread), when he doesn't reply it usually means he's thinking.
TheOnlyOne73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 3:41 PM   #41
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyOne73 View Post
He still hasn't replied to my text saying that he was wrong (see the first post of this thread), when he doesn't reply it usually means he's thinking.
Or hes busy moving on.. which is what you should be doing
HumanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 3:44 PM   #42
Established Member
 
BC1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyOne73 View Post
He still hasn't replied to my text saying that he was wrong (see the first post of this thread), when he doesn't reply it usually means he's thinking.
He might genuinely disagree with you. Most people aren't going to reply positively and say they're wrong. I don't think the answer matters. It's irrelevant. I think he was trying to soften the blow and explain why it won't work in a way he thought would be gentle and make sense. He probably doesn't want to get involved in an emotional conversation.

I know it's hard and you want answers, but he's not likely to give them to you.
BC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 3:48 PM   #43
Established Member
 
TheOnlyOne73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: England
Posts: 116
So do I just not reply to anything he says (if he does) from now on, ever again? And that's it....case closed? I wish I could just forget this ever happened and forget him.
TheOnlyOne73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 4:11 PM   #44
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyOne73 View Post
So do I just not reply to anything he says (if he does) from now on, ever again? And that's it....case closed? I wish I could just forget this ever happened and forget him.
Forever is negotiable. I have had many exes come back years later as friends and also lovers, but until you are healed never reply and never initiate contact.

I wish I could forget my ex and what happened also, from an awesome happy dream to a complete nightmare in hours, then found out I was replaced so became humiliated.

This woman came back into my life 24 years later only to completely mid**** me because she was a selfish *******.

It's really hard but pretend he's dead if you have to, no good can come of continued contact and if you did get back together could you ever feel secure with him again.

Again. does he really want commitment, he is saying one thing and acting in the opposite manner? Actions not words, people say things in the moment and or to appease a situation.

My ex told me she always loved me when we reconnected, we had insane amounts of crazt awesome sex, we laughed and cried and shared life, she told me she loved me so much just hours before she dumped me. I still am dealing with it, her actions and how she betrayed me and then basically ghosted me with no answers and no regard for my emotions showed me all I needed to know. Breakups suck, heartache sucks, trust and vulnerability is hard, pain sucks...but I have no choice in any of this other than to learn and try to move on. I'm at an age now where moving on may entail just throwing in the towel on finding someone long term and just worrying about my own well being.

You're 22...in a year this won;t matter much to you.
Trust666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 4:11 PM   #45
Established Member
 
TheOnlyOne73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: England
Posts: 116
My full response to that text (see 1st post) which I sent 4 hours ago was as follows:

"You are wrong, in relationships you continuously change and adapt for yourself and the other person, because your partner makes you want to be a better person. That doesn't mean it wasn't meant to be. The right person makes you want to change to be the best you can possibly be. I never meant it was solely dependent on you, sorry if it came across that way."

I don't regret sending him that because that is the way I see it, I know I was in NC for 3 days before I sent that but I didn't want to play games.
TheOnlyOne73 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When a guy initiates an OLD message: do women first read the message or the profile? Col1 General Relationship Discussion 6 26th April 2015 2:50 AM
Explain to me... OOReeee Breaks and Breaking Up 5 19th March 2010 1:59 AM
Explain why it is.... PandorasBox General Relationship Discussion 1 20th February 2010 2:22 PM
Somebody Explain This karnick Friends and Lovers 3 17th April 2006 6:39 PM
Would Someone Explain Men to Me? Dixiebelle General Relationship Discussion 5 7th April 2006 9:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.