LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Breaking free from nasty psycho girlfriend

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2017, 3:43 AM   #61
Established Member

Thanks guys. Whilst neither feeling is pleasent; I am preferring the burning sensation of hating her than the gutting feeling of being hurt.

Iíll be good in time.
HumanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 6:54 AM   #62
Established Member

Hurt zaps all your energy. Hate can be harnessed into action

Just be careful. Hate is NOT the opposite of Love. It's the negative passion with the same intensity. The opposite of love is apathy. When you don't care at all any more that is when you will be over this.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 3:47 PM   #63

I've been in the hating process for a week but every single day a little bit is chopped off.

What's happening is simple: Your "cloud" that prevented you from seeing all the bad things is lifted and now you're seeing it for what it was.
Coffeeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 3:51 PM   #64
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Hate is fine for a time, but it's crucial you don't hold on to that emotion indefinitely. Hate is such a powerful emotion, and while your feelings are probably justified, it will only do you harm after a certain point.

By no measure does this mean you need to like her or anything. It's just important to know that hate needs to be a temporary phase on your way to indifference for your own sake.
^This.

You are not alone, I am a guy who hates no one, but I now hate my ex. Betrayal does that. But at some point, we have to do as Blanco says and let go of it after it no longer serves us.
Trust666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 4:07 PM   #65
Established Member

She messaged my mother twice this evening, asking for me to unblock her as she wants to talk

I resisted replying.. difficult thought
Old 27th October 2017, 4:09 PM   #66
Established Member

Don't hate. Be happy you realized with who you met. End this acquaintance and try to forget.

iVisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 4:33 PM   #67
Established Member

Hate gives you great energy that should be used to get better at whatever you do in your free time or start a new hobby..

After the hate phase you will start rationalizing the relationship. And detach yourself from it. We 've all been there.
Old 27th October 2017, 4:38 PM   #68
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVisa View Post
Don't hate. Be happy you realized with who you met. End this acquaintance and try to forget.
9 times out of 10 I agree. But hate/anger can motivate and help some folks especially when you factor in why a breakup happened.

I am finding betrayal is best dealt with hate/anger to help me move on and get motivated. I am sure one day I will be indifferent but for now I hate her, I can control that much. I hate liars, and selfish cowards who hurt me.

The important part is not to hold onto hate, make it a phase. But many of us deal better with hate/anger than we do with sadness or pining away for a flawed ex.
Trust666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 4:45 PM   #69
Established Member

The opposite of love is not hate. The opposite of love is indifference. If you feel hatred, you still have feelings for her. And that's not healthy for moving on no matter how you dice it.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 7:34 PM   #70
Established Member

Use that hate to fuel yourself to do great things.
And you know what? You don't hate her as much as you hate YOURSELF for putting up with her crap. Now that you have reflected you see how she was to you but at the end of the day YOU allowed it.
And make no mistake. I'm sure she lied and manipulated you and at first you were unaware but after awhile things become apparent you still allowed it.
Use it as a learning experience.
Been is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 7:35 PM   #71
Established Member

One person's hate is another person's anger. It's normal, just try to stay busy.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 7:14 PM   #72
Established Member

I hate my ex as well for what she did to me, how she crashed all my dreams and ambitions, how she went to her junkee ex just weeks after our breakup.

I think i will never feel that betrayed by someone again who i once shared so much with.

block her move on and challenge the rage.
Wobugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2017, 11:17 AM   #73
Established Member

I broke NC yesterday and now I feel awful.

I recently posted a thread about hating my ex and how the thought of her contacting me made me nauseous. Well Friday evening she contacted my mother, asking how I was and if there was a possibility of us (me and her) talking. I resisted Friday evening but woke up Saturday morning with that horrible empty/lonely feeling. I messaged her.

She apologised for some things she had previously said, and we agreed to meet up. We had a fantastic day - lunch, a long walk, back to mine for a movie and sex, then to a fairground in the evening followed by drinks in a bar. We spoke and aired our issues and tried to resolve our differences, unfortunately there was just one thing we couldnít agree on, neither of us were changing our minds and we both agreed that it was never going to work.

I left her last night on good terms, stupidly hoping we could get over this extremely small issue. We messaged back and forth this morning with her being extremely cold, she then blocked me.

I darenít tell my friends or family that I met her.

I know Iím an idiot and should have stayed away.. I just had to type it out, I deserve harsh replies and I think theyíll help me..
Old 29th October 2017, 11:40 AM   #74
Established Member

You knew better and did it anyway.

The only one keeping you where you are is you.

You are officially a hanger on.
Marc878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2017, 11:41 AM   #75
Established Member

In some ways, you can see this as closure that you might have been seeking. You now know that you are far better off moving on.

Please ask your mother to block her. She has a lot of nerve contacting your family and then going cold again.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote