Two months post break up, tempted to backslide. Someone kick me ?

Got dumped two months ago tomorrow. Haven't spoken a word to him since. No contact is suppose to heal you, right? Wrong.

Overall, I get by fine. I've never texted him, not even while drunk. I was in his city a couple weeks back and wasn't even tempted. I have a full life with friends and a job that's taking 50 hours each week. I have activities almost every night, and I go to the gym (basically these were all things I did before anyhow, but the point remains, I'm not sitting around).

And I'm dating again. Met a guy I kind of liked and have been on several dates with that particular one, and it's getting to the point where sex is probably on the horizon.

But I've been missing him a lot in the last couple days. I'm telling myself this is good, let myself feel it, it will pass. But it occurred to me while I was driving away after a date last night, and could still feel this other person on my skin, "man, i miss (ex name)."

I tell myself if someone could dump me without looking back after a year, I really didn't mean anything to him and he never loved me. But what hurts is he was also one of my best friends for a couple years prior, so I lost both my boyfriend and one of my best friends in the same moment, and it's worse because I've known him my whole life.

I really just want to text him "I miss you" today, if for no other reason than to prove to myself he doesn't care, and make me angry and disgusted with myself so I finally use that as fuel to not look back. Someone kick me and give me a wake up call here please.

Consider yourself kicked.

This isn't a linear process. There have to be good things about this guy; you did bother to be his friend for a while before you spent a year as his GF. You wouldn't have done that if he had no redeeming qualities.

When you feel nostalgic for the good times you shared, immediately conjure up memories of the bad things he did & that should be a good antidote.

I really just want to text him "I miss you" today, if for no other reason than to prove to myself he doesn't care, and make me angry and disgusted with myself so I finally use that as fuel to not look back. Someone kick me and give me a wake up call here please.

Just go back and read your past threads. No need to risk breaking NC just to teach yourself a lesson you already know.

• Like 1