Ex blocked me on text?

My ex just blocked me on text message, which really confused me on Friday night. I haven't contacted her for over a week, since we last spoke. But she just randomly blocked me Friday night while I was getting ready to attend a rave with some friends. Why is that? Did one of my friends/her friends that was there rat me out? I didn't even do anything. We have been broken up for a few months now, and we often break NC, bc of me unfortunately. It's a slippery slope to get back, but that's something I'd like to do if I got the chance.

Whats the reason behind this?

She's giving you a hint that she doesn't want to continue with the contact. Take it for what it is and leave it alone.

• Like 3

Based on your last thread along with her need now to block you, I believe she is trying to sever ties with you. She already told you that she can only be friends with you. Start to find acceptance.

• Like 1
  • Author
Based on your last thread along with her need now to block you, I believe she is trying to sever ties with you. She already told you that she can only be friends with you. Start to find acceptance.

I understand, but it's weird bc I haven't contacted her since, so blocking me out of now where at that time caught me off guard.

I understand, but it's weird bc I haven't contacted her since, so blocking me out of now where at that time caught me off guard.

It doesn't matter that you haven't contacted her. Your last gesture likely made her realize that she has to cut ties and move on. She may want to ensure that you have no access to her or the potential of contact.

I'm going through the same thing, someone I knew for 24 years. I'm not sure why she broke up with me, I saw your thing about closure in another thread you have, when we did talk it was all kinds of contradicting reasons. In the end I believe she met someone, actually I know this. It'as hard to accept, you just have to get through it. Closure is BS, it comes from you accepting it is over and starting the healing process.

Initially after she dumped me it was the usual I love you, we should be friends. What this usually means is they don't want to be with you, they do care about you and they say they want to be friends to assuage themselves of guilt and or many think it is a kind gesture so they don't hurt you. I prefer honesty.

About a week after our breakup she told me to "forget about her for the time being we will reconnect in better times", so I did forget her and stated I have no desire to be friends. I started NC, not to get her back but because I need to heal and move on. I lost her, and lost a friend of 24 years. Then she continued to contact me. What we tend to do is analyze things too much. She doesn't want to be with you, no matter what she says about caring for you or being friends, if they are not with you they do not want to be with you, all the fluff is irrelevant.

You're not alone BUT you need to go NC for yourself, and not to get her back. If you were to get her back it will just fail. Do NC for yourself.

Try not to take it too personally, she most likely does care about you as a friend but she has moved on. The best you can do is improve yourself and work on yourself for the next relationship. Try not to read into things too much and just go away. If she contacts you again either tell her firmly not to contact you, or make sure she can't contact you to begin with. I actually have had to tell her not to contact me and I ended up being very mean about it. I feel terrible but I basically said "I do not want to reconnect I do not want to be friends everytime you contact me I will reply with venom because I need to heal and can't be going back to step 1."

Control yourself and your situation and start to accept the fact that it is over....at least for now. Go NC for yourself.

Sorry you are going through this, it really does suck BUT time tends to help...be strong. Do NC for yourself and improve yourself. Being dumped is an opportunity to learn.

• Like 3

It may not be out of nowhere to her. I see people say things happened out of nowhere a lot on LS. She might have been considering it for awhile and finally had the nerve to go through with it. She might have felt bad about doing it but finally did it. She might have wanted to sleep on it for a few days before making a decision because you really have to mean it when you block someone. You need to be sure before you go through with it and be okay with the consequences of angering or hurting the other person. She had probably been thinking about all of that for the past week when she wasn't talking to you.

Also, she might have blocked you now because you haven't been in contact. She's probably hoping you wouldn't figure it out right away. It's easier to do that than block someone in the middle of a conversation.

• Author
I'm going through the same thing, someone I knew for 24 years. I'm not sure why she broke up with me, I saw your thing about closure in another thread you have, when we did talk it was all kinds of contradicting reasons. In the end I believe she met someone, actually I know this. It'as hard to accept, you just have to get through it. Closure is BS, it comes from you accepting it is over and starting the healing process.

Initially after she dumped me it was the usual I love you, we should be friends. What this usually means is they don't want to be with you, they do care about you and they say they want to be friends to assuage themselves of guilt and or many think it is a kind gesture so they don't hurt you. I prefer honesty.

About a week after our breakup she told me to "forget about her for the time being we will reconnect in better times", so I did forget her and stated I have no desire to be friends. I started NC, not to get her back but because I need to heal and move on. I lost her, and lost a friend of 24 years. Then she continued to contact me. What we tend to do is analyze things too much. She doesn't want to be with you, no matter what she says about caring for you or being friends, if they are not with you they do not want to be with you, all the fluff is irrelevant.

You're not alone BUT you need to go NC for yourself, and not to get her back. If you were to get her back it will just fail. Do NC for yourself.

Try not to take it too personally, she most likely does care about you as a friend but she has moved on. The best you can do is improve yourself and work on yourself for the next relationship. Try not to read into things too much and just go away. If she contacts you again either tell her firmly not to contact you, or make sure she can't contact you to begin with. I actually have had to tell her not to contact me and I ended up being very mean about it. I feel terrible but I basically said "I do not want to reconnect I do not want to be friends everytime you contact me I will reply with venom because I need to heal and can't be going back to step 1."

Control yourself and your situation and start to accept the fact that it is over....at least for now. Go NC for yourself.

Sorry you are going through this, it really does suck BUT time tends to help...be strong. Do NC for yourself and improve yourself. Being dumped is an opportunity to learn.

Thanks!

Sadly, she might have moved on to some other guy, because I know for a fact that when we were together, she would rarely get on her phone/social media and etc. I've noticed after she blocked me that she stopped using social media too often, and when she does it's like once a day. Maybe she's hanging out with some guy right now. Idk - all assumptions rn.