Are all girls two-faced?

My gf of 1.5 years dumped me a month ago and I have been getting better slowly. We are both 25. We have done NC for the most part, but every now and then she calls me or I run into her somewhere. She always cries and says she misses me and that she's so happy that I'm doing better. She says she just needs more time to heal herself. She says she needs a few more months. Her parents love me and they say she needs more time too.

But her friends tell me that she talks about me like I'm the devil himself. Her friends say that it is definitely over forever and that she is deperately trying to find a new bf to go out with. The truth really does hurt.

So I'm guessing that she is just trying to use me as backup like so many posters have complained about. My question is, has anyone ever heard of any girl leaving a guy then coming back to him months later? I can picture a guy coming back to a girl months later, but it seems almost impossible that a girl could ever come back to a guy she fell out of love with months later. I can't live in this fantasy world anymore and I know I need to let go. And she is kind of rebellious with her parents, so when they tell her how great I am that probably makes her hate me more. It's just so hard because I keep dreaming of her every night and thinking what she is doing all day long.

swirlingdaisy

Of course all women aren't 2-faced.

It's possible she speaks badly of you to her friends because she's just trying to justify to them WHY she dumped you. I mean, is she going to tell them what a great guy you were, how stupid she was for ending things?

Human beings are known to talk trash about someone they once loved/or still do, to their friends, to look cool or make their decisions make more sense.

Angeleyez2583

I don't if it's possible for her to come back, but you can never be too sure. You can not be getting your hopes up in this situation.

Do her friends like you? Maybe they felt like she was making a mistake and she is calling you out as a way to justify her actions of leaving you.

Whatever the case may be, I have never gone back to an ex. I'm only 22, and have had 3 serious relationships. 2 of which broke up with me, and of those 2, one came crawling back.

If this next one comes crawling back, I don't know how I'd handle that.

But just do what your doing, give her her space, and if it's meant to be, you guys will get back together.

I hounestly think its BS giving her space!

It just allows her to mentally molest you day in and day out!

We become their door mat when we do this.

Seems to me there are a few women out there ( Im dealing with one now ) who like to say the things we wanna hear sometimes just to keep us hanging around..kinda like a backup plan. It does us absolutley no good in regards to healing as it always puts that element of hope in the back of your mind.

But I really have no answers for u yet dude, cause I cant figure it out either...as Im goin through the same.

• Author

Yeah you are right. "I need a few months to find myself again," means she never wants to go out with you again. It's just hard to get it into your head and tell yourself it is over! I can definitely see her with another dude in a few months and I'm not gonna waste a few months waiting for her to find a new guy. It's time to drink some beers and start hitting on new girls all over again. After almost 2 years with one person you forget how to pick up girls lol.

"Man you're money" - Swingers

try being with a girl for 6 years.. U are not even in the same league as girls are. BUt yea dude girls can come back months later. Mine did after we broke up. 3 onths later she called me and wanted ot work thigns out cause she missed me. So dont lose hope but then again dont count on each other getting back.

Originally posted by pippen_2k

I hounestly think its BS giving her space!

It just allows her to mentally molest you day in and day out!

We become their door mat when we do this.

Seems to me there are a few women out there ( Im dealing with one now ) who like to say the things we wanna hear sometimes just to keep us hanging around..kinda like a backup plan. It does us absolutley no good in regards to healing as it always puts that element of hope in the back of your mind.

But I really have no answers for u yet dude, cause I cant figure it out either...as Im goin through the same.

I agree with pippen_2k. I'm a female, but I have never carried on like this. She is being very unfair and cruel. It's either in your heart or it's not. Forget her. Some women like playing this game, knowing someone out there wants them badly. It's a form of control. Next time you see her and she carries on crying and needing more time, tell her she can have all the time she wants, because you've found someone new. See how she reacts to that.

I do feel for you.

Originally posted by swirlingdaisy

Of course all women aren't 2-faced.

It's possible she speaks badly of you to her friends because she's just trying to justify to them WHY she dumped you. I mean, is she going to tell them what a great guy you were, how stupid she was for ending things?

Human beings are known to talk trash about someone they once loved/or still do, to their friends, to look cool or make their decisions make more sense.

Exactly...humans will talk **** about a person to their friends simply to justify things and to try and act like they are superior. It is messed up.

Just let this broad talk crap about you to her friends and let karma kick her in the ass. Odds are she will get with some guy who will treat her like total crap (or actually be the devil she makes you out to be) and she will want to get back with you which by that time you will probbaly be over her and she will ahve to regret the way she treated you.