Is it really over?

This is the weirdest thing I've ever done. I didn't realise that being love sick could make you do **** like join forums to share your story and get advice from strangers on the internet. But here I am. After finding comfort in all of your stories I felt the need to share my own.

Just over a year ago I met my first true love, I'm 21 years of age and up until then I didn't know what it was like to have such a deep connection with another human being. Sounds corny but it was like a movie soon as I seen him I knew something was going to happen between us. We met at a bar and were instantly connected to each other. By the time the place was closing I told him that for some reason I didn't want to say bye and so he took me home. We made love and cuddled and in the morning he drove me home. A week after that we began dating, I was his first girlfriend and he was my first boyfriend. I know it sounds like it was too soon but it just felt right I can't explain it.

Anyway I had to tell him that I was returning to university in London in a months time for my final year. But he stayed with me and we had an incredible month. When I got to London we were still in love although it was hard and by Halloween he ended it. But that didn't stop us. I regularly travelled home and we would act like we was still together. During this period neither of us slept with other people too. 3 months later he caved in and told me that no matter how far away I was he loved me and you can't help love so we got back together. After that everything was perfect. Don't get me wrong the long distance was hard but we made the most of it and we grew closer and stronger everyday. I thought I had found the one. Feel stupid saying it at such a young age but when you know you know.

Anyway during my last month in London things went sour. I was facing a lot of pressure with graduation and how I was going to be spending the rest of my life. This turned me into a moody and not so fun person. We started arguing a lot maybe twice a week? Because I was so frustrated and he didn't know what to do it say. I eventually Came home for good expecting things to get better but they only got worse!

Two weeks of being home he ended it. Came round to my house left and I never seen him again for 2 months and it was hell. We still spoke everyday and we would face time each other crying. He told me that it made him realise he wasn't ready for a relationship and he couldn't give me what he wanted :( but the break up was only making me realise I only needed one thing. Him. My best friend. He went on a lads holiday and ended up sleeping with someone which I found out later. But it made him miss me as he reached out and we finally saw each other. It felt so good. But then we would argue because he still wanted to be single and not stress about me or my problems. He went on another lads holiday a month later.

After that I saw him on a night out and all his friends told me how they thought I was the best girl he'd had and he should come to his senses. After that night out we spent a week of pure bliss and even spoke about getting back together. But he followed someone on Instagram off tinder and I kicked off. Making him not want me again :( I realise my mistake I need to chill out but it's just so hard when you love someone!

In total we spent 4 month arguing but meeting up crying making love and arguing again. Today is my second day of no contact. I'm trying so hard to heal. He said he hopes we can be friends as he doesn't want to lose me and wants me In his life. He apologised for not being ready. I told him I can't see him with other girls and he has to let me go.

Man I miss him so much my heart is hurting more and more as the hours of not speaking go on. I wish he wasn't young and influenced by his friends because I know what we had was real :(

Be nice to hear what other people think of this situation and if you think NC is the best way to go. Sorry it's a long message but I wanted to make sure I explained the best I could.

This is the weirdest thing I've ever done. I didn't realise that being love sick could make you do **** like join forums to share your story and get advice from strangers on the internet. But here I am. After finding comfort in all of your stories I felt the need to share my own.

Just over a year ago I met my first true love, I'm 21 years of age and up until then I didn't know what it was like to have such a deep connection with another human being. Sounds corny but it was like a movie soon as I seen him I knew something was going to happen between us. We met at a bar and were instantly connected to each other. By the time the place was closing I told him that for some reason I didn't want to say bye and so he took me home. We made love and cuddled and in the morning he drove me home. A week after that we began dating, I was his first girlfriend and he was my first boyfriend. I know it sounds like it was too soon but it just felt right I can't explain it.

Anyway I had to tell him that I was returning to university in London in a months time for my final year. But he stayed with me and we had an incredible month. When I got to London we were still in love although it was hard and by Halloween he ended it. But that didn't stop us. I regularly travelled home and we would act like we was still together. During this period neither of us slept with other people too. 3 months later he caved in and told me that no matter how far away I was he loved me and you can't help love so we got back together. After that everything was perfect. Don't get me wrong the long distance was hard but we made the most of it and we grew closer and stronger everyday. I thought I had found the one. Feel stupid saying it at such a young age but when you know you know.

Anyway during my last month in London things went sour. I was facing a lot of pressure with graduation and how I was going to be spending the rest of my life. This turned me into a moody and not so fun person. We started arguing a lot maybe twice a week? Because I was so frustrated and he didn't know what to do it say. I eventually Came home for good expecting things to get better but they only got worse!

Two weeks of being home he ended it. Came round to my house left and I never seen him again for 2 months and it was hell. We still spoke everyday and we would face time each other crying. He told me that it made him realise he wasn't ready for a relationship and he couldn't give me what he wanted :( but the break up was only making me realise I only needed one thing. Him. My best friend. He went on a lads holiday and ended up sleeping with someone which I found out later. But it made him miss me as he reached out and we finally saw each other. It felt so good. But then we would argue because he still wanted to be single and not stress about me or my problems. He went on another lads holiday a month later.

After that I saw him on a night out and all his friends told me how they thought I was the best girl he'd had and he should come to his senses. After that night out we spent a week of pure bliss and even spoke about getting back together. But he followed someone on Instagram off tinder and I kicked off. Making him not want me again :( I realise my mistake I need to chill out but it's just so hard when you love someone!

In total we spent 4 month arguing but meeting up crying making love and arguing again. Today is my second day of no contact. I'm trying so hard to heal. He said he hopes we can be friends as he doesn't want to lose me and wants me In his life. He apologised for not being ready. I told him I can't see him with other girls and he has to let me go.

Man I miss him so much my heart is hurting more and more as the hours of not speaking go on. I wish he wasn't young and influenced by his friends because I know what we had was real :(

Be nice to hear what other people think of this situation and if you think NC is the best way to go. Sorry it's a long message but I wanted to make sure I explained the best I could.

Rio123,

I'm so sorry for what happened to you. However, according to my experience so far, please do not get attached really fast cause you're too young after all. God knows what your interest would be in five years from now. I know that you might love this guy, but that it might infatuation after all. Believe me, you'll notice when a true love and a soul mate is around. My advice will be, try to figure out what you want to do with you life, and in between, you can experiment in terms of talking to different people and see what fits your character the most. Travel, let your soul taste different perspectives. Enjoy your life cause these are the most wondeful years, full of freedom. Once again, you'll notice when the right person comes around!

Wish you all the best!

• Like 1