Struggling with break up

Hi everyone. My partner over a year and a half broke off our relationship with no warning around 6 weeks ago now. I am really struggling to cope. We have had the best time together after him having tried for years to get together with me. He moved things along very quickly, introduced me to his family and children.

We wanted all the same things in life,both very ambitious and supportive of each other's dreams etc.

The week before we broke up he seemed to want to spend exssesive amounts of time with me, we spoke of booking our next holiday and he finally gave me a key to his house. Then all of a sudden he said he didn't know if he felt the same any more. Our children fought like brother and sister and I know this stressed him out but for me it wasn't something that I thought could be the end of our relationship. Anyways 6 weeks down the line and he is dating another girl (since week 4) is this a rebound? He said he doesn't want to delete me from social media because he wants things to be amicable in the future, he still has all our photos on his Facebook page for the world and this new girl to see and he still hasn't told all his family and friends we aren't together anymore! Are these signs he's not sure he's made the right choice or am I holding onto false hope? I really don't want to let go, I feel he is the one for me and really would love to make this work. We haven't spoken now for 11 days

I think we should listen to people when they tell us what they want and respect their decisions. I doubt this was a spur of the moment decision on his part. I know you are confused and probably feeling a bit lost, but trying to force him to talk to you or work things out when he isn't ready is disrespectful to him and to you.

If he wants to be with you, he will make the effort. He has to make the effort. Your job is to take care of you and your child. Live your best life. If he comes back around, it should be on your terms. He has to earn the second chance. And if he doesn't, it is okay. You will survive, and thrive, if you let yourself.

• Like 1