I don't know what to think

So my live-in girlfriend of almost 3 years and I broke up almost a month ago and we have not talked in almost three weeks. She stated that she needed time and space to get over the hurt from discovering the emotional affair and subsequent breakup. However, after my first therapy session a couple of weeks ago I did send her a message via Instagram to let her know that my therapist saw a lot of value in hearing her perspective of everything that led up to the breakup if she was open to it and was willing to talk to her over the phone. I left the time and date of the next session which it showed she had read my message. I really didn't expect her to call, but was surprise to learn from my therapist that she spoke with her for about 20 minutes this morning. I'm not sure what that really means(if anything), but I really appreciate her taking the time to do so. It can only help me in the process of working on improving myself.

• Like 1

She probably just jumped at the chance to be able to vent to a professional free of charge. Boy I wish any shrink had contacted me after my breakups to give me a chance to spew at them.

• Like 1
I'm not sure what that really means(if anything), but I really appreciate her taking the time to do so.

Unless she straight out says she wants to work things out and will do anything it takes, her speaking to your therapist really doesn't mean anything.