What is she thinking and how can I move forward?

Hey guys and girls,

I am in a dilemma. A girl that I've been into for a long time recently got out of a 2 year relationship with her boyfriend. She has actually been into me before when she had a boyfriend. ****ty, I know. Long story short, in the month and a half that they have been broken up, she has been really flirty with me and periodically sends me things like, "can't wait to see what this year brings;)" and flirty things along that nature. I see her at our mutual friends apartment and I see her hitting it off with his roommate so I instantly think that she's just stringing me along. So after I leave I text her pretty much a, "what are we?" She responds with something like, "I do like you but I don't want anything serious with anybody". So after that, a week later I go on a date with her where we are hiking on trails- so really casual and everything. She has a new car that displays all her texts on the screen- and I see her texting her boyfriend throughout the car ride on the way there and back to the trails. I don't say anything. Our date went well but I can tell she was distant but we did hold hands one time. After we get back to her apartment and we were just chilling when I was waiting for her to finish up her cigarette, her boyfriend shows up at her place and walks past us and says, "have fun." So he either followed us or she told him where we were going to be. So at that point I just get in my car and go home. After that I didn't hear from her for 2-3 days and send her a text like, hope all is well, hope to see you soon. She responds with something distant again. The same day, I see her with our mutual friend's roommate. The following weekend, I text her and ask why she is being so wishy washy and also ask if she is into me. She responds with, "I'm not going to have this conversation with you because I don't want to give you false hope by what I say and because I care about you." Keep in mind I give her plenty of space and don't blow up her phone. I only text or snapchat her when she texts or snapchats me first. That was about a week and a half ago, and when she snapchatted me something like a week ago, I didn't respond and haven't spoken to her since.

What game is she playing?

Was she into me?

I'm not talking to her anymore and deleted her number but still follow her on social media.

What are the next steps?

Thank you all who respond to this, need your help.

she likes you, but you shouldn't be the one to ask questions like "what are we" ? if you're too available the value goes down. she knows she can have you, so why would she bother to keep your attention.

go NC and when she reaches out meet up, have fun and keep things cool. after a few good times she'll be a more comfortable with you. when the other guys she chats with are making mistakes and being too needy she'll want more of your time.

What game is she playing?

Was she into me?

I'm not talking to her anymore and deleted her number but still follow her on social media.

What are the next steps?

Thank you all who respond to this, need your help.

IMO,

1. She is stringing you along.

2. She might have been into you at one time but clearly she is not over her boyfriend and he is not over her.

3. Great, keep NC; glad to hear you deleted her number......but OH NO!!! Don't follow her on social media....ugh

4. Based on the info you have given, you need to steer clear from her. She has treated you like crap. Period. End of story. If you don't mind crap, then continue on.

There are tons of fish in the sea, you deserve better ;)

• Author
she likes you, but you shouldn't be the one to ask questions like "what are we" ? if you're too available the value goes down. she knows she can have you, so why would she bother to keep your attention.

go NC and when she reaches out meet up, have fun and keep things cool. after a few good times she'll be a more comfortable with you. when the other guys she chats with are making mistakes and being too needy she'll want more of your time.

The only way I will talk with her will be if she talks with me first. It's been a week and a half so far, so we'll we'll if it happens. In the meantime, I deleted her number & snapchat. We'll see how it goes and I'll play it cool if she decides to hang out and have a great time with her.

• Author
IMO,

1. She is stringing you along.

2. She might have been into you at one time but clearly she is not over her boyfriend and he is not over her.

3. Great, keep NC; glad to hear you deleted her number......but OH NO!!! Don't follow her on social media....ugh

4. Based on the info you have given, you need to steer clear from her. She has treated you like crap. Period. End of story. If you don't mind crap, then continue on.

There are tons of fish in the sea, you deserve better ;)

I deleted her number & snapchat. Trying to man up and get treated right.

• Like 1

And second of all a month and a half after a break up is too soon to get into a relationship with anyone - whether that be with you or anyone else. She needs to have some alone time too.

Glad you deleted her contact info. Well done!

• Author
First of all texting and driving is bad! Was she driving and texting?

I drove her car & she was texting- her ex boyfriend's name was popping up on the screen on the dash.

I will leave her alone & see what happens. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst- isn't that how I am supposed to go about it?