6 years later but I still hear from my ex but today hurt...

Writing from a cellphone so please excuse any typos.

My ex broke up w me in 2011. We had limited communication til November 2012 when he moved to Florida. It didn't end awful. We both said I love you and that was it for about 3 years. No communication. I thought about him often. Still do.

Anyway, about 2 yrs ago he texted me out of the blue. Just a harmless hello. Since then, he texts me maybe every few months. Something reminds him of me, or he finally found his true nationality and thought I'd like to know.

I know he has a bf but I don't know how long or how serious. I don't have him on social media nor many of his friends.

Today I reached out to him and sent him a link to some resources about hurricane preparedness, as he is in the path of Irma.

My legit concern was met with a very short" Thanks."

Before that our texts were light and fun and full of lol, though they were short convos. I guess I expected more? A little more conversation?

To make matters worse, after that I happen to log into Facebook about 10 min later and one of our very few mutual friends posted a pic of herself on the beach w him and his boyfriend. It's the first time I saw them and they seem... happy.

The only slight positive is that the two of them were kind of heavier than I expected.

Yep definitely moved on. Same sex relationships, especially for gay men, has a very different dynamics. Stop texting him.

And him getting heavier seems a bit shallow to point out. I mean, you are still pining over him :p

• Author

You're right I do need to "get over it" which is why I posted here. This place helped a lot when I needed it in the past. Easier to say "get over it" than actually doing it.

I guess I was just more... I don't know, confused. He texts me every few months and we have a short casual funny convo. But when I reached out to him to link him to some hurricane info I guess I was expecting a more conversational response and yeah it kind of hurt.

And just to put some context to the comment about him getting fat. He was in me about going to the gym and not putting on weight. Petty and shallow of me? Yes. But still kind of rewarding because he was on me about gaining weight.

• Like 1
nothingsintheflowerz

The only slight positive is that the two of them were kind of heavier than I expected.

You need to cut off contact completely and move on. Being friends at all isn't helping. Statements like these are ill in nature and show that you are still comparing yourself and your life to what could have been. Yes, it was nice of you to be thoughtful about Irma, but that isn't your job anymore. That's his boyfriend's. Which is why it was met with a bit of distance. There doesn't need to be any parting message, only a block. And if he does contact you, be just as cold. Good luck.