Ex still comments and likes my pics?? Huh

So I was dating this guy for a couple months then he broke up with me out of the blue.

The same day he broke up with me he commented on some of my pictures on Instagram in a direct message and liked them. He's been doing that periodically since. Its been two weeks since we broke up.

Well the time before the last comment was a week ago but I haven't been posting much. Except last night I posted a picture to my story and he wrote the equivalent of "sweetie" but in another language so I don't know the exact translation. I know I should just block him, but I'm human and still have some small feelings for him so I'm not 100% ready for that but I'm getting close.

Now I'm wondering if he is playing games or he's just that airheaded. Does he not know what he's doing? It sends me mixed signals. I've been ignoring it but the last time he said "so pretty" I just said "thanks (:" and he didn't respond. This last time I wanted to be like what are you doing?? You broke my heart a**hole! But I didn't. I just put a broken heart emoji and he didn't respond. Wow I sound so childish lol I'm in my mid twenties I swear!

Anyway I'm just trying not to come off as desperate or anything or that I care more than he does. I just don't understand what he's doing. If he has an agenda at all. I just don't think if you break up with someone you should be direct messaging them about their pictures. I've never had a guy do this.

Usually when I break up with someone we don't talk for at least a couple weeks, usually a couple months.

My question is: is he playing games on purpose? Does he want my attention? Or are some people just so dumb and don't know what they're doing?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs ~T

It's attention due to boredom. Dumpers sometimes do this. Even after ending with you, they try to keep some sort of life line going for reasons that are not of any benefit to the dumpee.

Unfortunately, dumpees read into these things because they are hopeful. Dumpers have little to no emotional attachment therefore, do not read into these things nor feel as if they're doing any harm by just being "friendly".

• Like 3
It's attention due to boredom. Dumpers sometimes do this. Even after ending with you, they try to keep some sort of life line going for reasons that are not of any benefit to the dumpee.

Unfortunately, dumpees read into these things because they are hopeful. Dumpers have little to no emotional attachment therefore, do not read into these things nor feel as if they're doing any harm by just being "friendly".

Agree, and I actually think that a dumper doing these things or wanting to remain friends is a good indicator that they have completely lost feelings. They are able to be around you and randomly like photos, ect. because they have no attachment. So it doesn't hurt them to hang around.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well I would think that could be a possibility but usually when you break up with someone you don't have contact with them in any way so as not to lead them on. He also told me he doesn't talk to any exes or have them on social media. Except one and I guess now me. But he blocked the other girl. And he did that stuff when we were together. Liked my pics and commented. So I want to tell him that when he does that it sends me mixed signals. I never told him how much the break up bothered me. I just acted like I didn't care from the getgo.

Well I would think that could be a possibility but usually when you break up with someone you don't have contact with them in any way so as not to lead them on. He also told me he doesn't talk to any exes or have them on social media. Except one and I guess now me. But he blocked the other girl. And he did that stuff when we were together. Liked my pics and commented. So I want to tell him that when he does that it sends me mixed signals. I never told him how much the break up bothered me. I just acted like I didn't care from the getgo.

This is the guy that ghosted you? Why would you expect someone like him to do the right thing? He doesn't care if he leads you on just as long as he gets what he needs. People that actually care about your wellbeing, keep NC to help you heal and move on. People that are interested in you actually communicate that they are wanting to be with you. Those that throw crumbs only care about themselves.

Maybe the others want nothing to do with him and he knows he can't get anything from them so he blocks them. You on the other hand, you send him a message that it's okay to be treated poorly, therefore he feels he can break boundaries with you.

You don't need to tell him it sends you mixed signals. You should pick up your self-respect and walk away.

• Like 1