LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

9 mos. later still shaken

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2017, 1:01 PM   #1

9 mos. later still shaken

We went out for 3 years. I got close to her, the kids, the dogs, etc. It's like an entire home has been taken away. Only home I've known since I was a kid.

And you go back to nothing, and it's not easy to fill that space. Her reason: She didn't love me anymore. I guess as a guy you get so wrapped up in trying to provide, that the romance slips. Happens a million times.

And the standard advice--move on, let go, etc--it's really hard bc a home is really hard to replace. I tried dating others and it just didn't work. So you hold out hope.
Stephen44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 1:45 PM   #2
Established Member

i'm about 11 months and same situation. it's not easy. i've a lot of anger. a lot of frustration, guilt, confusion? fear, loss, the list goes on.

the hope is dwindling though so that is good. once i realise we're not getting back together things will be good. i thought 11 months would be time enough but goes to show you.

hang in there, it has to get better.
breadbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 7:44 PM   #3

Yep

I'm variously angry, depressed, lost--all that. Past relationships maybe it took a month or two or less, but this was a home and a future -- something I never had. Simple stuff like Christmas with the kids. It's as if, in 20 years of striving, you finally find joy -- and then it's all wiped out.
Stephen44 is offline   Reply With Quote