9 mos. later still shaken

We went out for 3 years. I got close to her, the kids, the dogs, etc. It's like an entire home has been taken away. Only home I've known since I was a kid.

And you go back to nothing, and it's not easy to fill that space. Her reason: She didn't love me anymore. I guess as a guy you get so wrapped up in trying to provide, that the romance slips. Happens a million times.

And the standard advice--move on, let go, etc--it's really hard bc a home is really hard to replace. I tried dating others and it just didn't work. So you hold out hope.

i'm about 11 months and same situation. it's not easy. i've a lot of anger. a lot of frustration, guilt, confusion? fear, loss, the list goes on.

the hope is dwindling though so that is good. once i realise we're not getting back together things will be good. i thought 11 months would be time enough but goes to show you.

hang in there, it has to get better.

• Author

I'm variously angry, depressed, lost--all that. Past relationships maybe it took a month or two or less, but this was a home and a future -- something I never had. Simple stuff like Christmas with the kids. It's as if, in 20 years of striving, you finally find joy -- and then it's all wiped out.

• Like 1