LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

ex gf destroyed my life

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2017, 10:32 PM   #16
Established Member

I know it sucks from experience. I've been where you are at. If I could have I would have run away from everything.
Here's the thing. Yes she hurt and used you but you wanna know why your also feeling horrible? Because you LET her do it and that drives you crazy. Makes you feel foolish and worse now more then likely you doubt yourself.
You can't changed what happened. You can drop out of school and let her to continue to impact your life. Or you can climb back up and use this for a learning experience. Those are your only two options.
I think when I thought back on my situation if I'm being honest I was more mad at MYSELF for LETTING someone treat me like a doormat.
Sure she manipulated certain things but I could also FEEL that she was full of it but I ignored it to be with her. And I paid for it. Same as you.
Wanna get back at he-and don't shake your head no because almost every single person whose been wronged by someone does-LIVE your life to the fullest. Simple as that. Become successful in everything you do. Try new things. FINISH school.
It took me awhile to figure that out. I was always worried what SHE was doing instead of accomplishing things.
You'll come out stronger from this if you use it to your advantage. Or you can sulk and get nothing done and let her define who you are. YOU define who you are and where your going.
Been is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 10:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivating View Post
John,
You are NOT weak. EVERYBODY begs and pleads at first because we feel REJECTED when someone breaks up with us. Our basic need of feeling secure, accepted, loved is compromised. Rejection is the main culprit that is so devastating for us. We all go through several breakups throughout our lives, it is also a learning experience. We learn many things: what we do/don't look for in a relationship, relationship dynamics, setting standards/ boundaries, also about ourselves.

It is completely normal to feel the way you feel ! Be kind to yourself
Try to sleep a lot and and eat well
you are agreat person thank you <3
johnsaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 10:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Been View Post
I know it sucks from experience. I've been where you are at. If I could have I would have run away from everything.
Here's the thing. Yes she hurt and used you but you wanna know why your also feeling horrible? Because you LET her do it and that drives you crazy. Makes you feel foolish and worse now more then likely you doubt yourself.
You can't changed what happened. You can drop out of school and let her to continue to impact your life. Or you can climb back up and use this for a learning experience. Those are your only two options.
I think when I thought back on my situation if I'm being honest I was more mad at MYSELF for LETTING someone treat me like a doormat.
Sure she manipulated certain things but I could also FEEL that she was full of it but I ignored it to be with her. And I paid for it. Same as you.
Wanna get back at he-and don't shake your head no because almost every single person whose been wronged by someone does-LIVE your life to the fullest. Simple as that. Become successful in everything you do. Try new things. FINISH school.
It took me awhile to figure that out. I was always worried what SHE was doing instead of accomplishing things.
You'll come out stronger from this if you use it to your advantage. Or you can sulk and get nothing done and let her define who you are. YOU define who you are and where your going.
so it gets better ?man you just described everything! its like you are reading my thoughts
how can i forgive myself dude ? i have beating myself up for been treated like a doormat for months
and the best revenge is living well right ?
johnsaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 11:53 PM   #19
Established Member

You learn from it. You take this horrible experience and yo turn it into a positive.
And you don't let anyone EVER treat you like that again. You get a set of values that you believe in and if someone doesn't meet them so be it. You don't adjust them to fit someone. Your values are set in stone.
Hell yes live your life to the fullest. You more then likely think she's setting the world on for without you-she isn't. She's doing the same old routine she did before you came along.
People like her will attempt to talk to you at some point. DONT let her. She will manipulate the story that she will tell you to her needs. And you'll think about jumping back in. Don't. She is who she is and she ain't changing. Everything will happen again as did the first time.
Been is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 8:35 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsaliba View Post
what do you mean by you are going to hurt whereever you are ? so there is no solution to stop it ? thank you
I mean how you're feeling right now will not change because you left college/uni. You're hurting because you're hurting.

You will get through this and when you do your own strength will amaze you.

This process is so changable, you will feel differently every day, some days will be good then others will be bad, but the feelings you have on any given day do not last forever, or change with your surroundings. Tough it out, you won't regret it
RocketQueen is offline   Reply With Quote