LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

for the newly single ( again )

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2017, 5:12 PM   #16
Established Member

Daisy, lemme weigh in here.

Be very glad you got cut off.

I got dumped in July. Ghosted after 18 months, and her living with me for 3. After she moved out, the nonsense started. Late night hangups, she broke in (twice), would text and distance, hot / cold games, etc.

Seriously, read my thread to see how crazy I got.

Drove me absolutely bonkers.

Once you finally accept things, and go nc, you feel better much more quickly. It takes time, but seven months nc, and I look back and cringe at the lovesick fool I was, and I'm 38.

I'm very glad the pain is gone, and although I miss her, I 100% do not miss feeling out of control.

I read to think of your brain like a hard drive. Those painful memories need to be overwritten with new experiences, thoughts, and people. Just take it slow, communicate with trusted friends, and let life seep in at its own pace.

Be safe.
Bromeo is offline   Reply With Quote