Why is ex ranting about not wanting to be in relationship again

Hello I was wondering if someone can just help me understand why my ex is behaving like this. Is he trying to communicate that he doesn't want me ever again or is he trying to make me feel bad for the breakup or being genuine that he feels he doesn't want to find love again, or what? n't want

Ex has been sending a lot of messages saying how he thinks he's awkward with women, and that no woman will understand him because he has problems being sensitive and angry. He says it'll just be him focusing on himself, needing no one else. Saying no woman will accept him, that he is weird and full of flaws.

Why is he saying all this?

ExpatInItaly

He sounds...like a very strange person. I have an ex who was very emotionally unstable, and would say things like that as a means of manipulating me into telling me that he's wrong, he's great and I loved him, blah blah blah (didn't work, I never responded the way he wanted)

Why are you allowing him to send you messages like this?

It sounds like maybe he's looking for feedback. Maybe he thinks you knew him well enough to tell him how he can improve himself to be a better match for women. He could be wondering if it's OK to ask you or if you'd be uncomfortable or jealous.

In the end, just say 'why are you asking? I can give a better answer if you tell me what you're wanting to hear.'

HarmonyDriven

Very strange indeed.....

How long has it been since you broke up?

Did you do no contact?

When did he start sending these texts?

Was it a mutual break up? or did you break up because he is awkward, too sensitive, gets angry, is weird and full of flaws?

Based on the info provided thus far, I cannot tell if he is venting or wants your advice?

Either way, is this what you want? Contact from the ex-boyfriend?