should I break the NC?

Here's my story:

I met my ex a year prior to us dating, we used to be co-workers. We never really had conversations outside of work. Months went by and I finally quit my old job and one drunken night I decided to text him and from there we started to hang out and talk, he later confessed to me he had always found me attractive and he had a crush on me but was too shy and thought I was dating someone else at the time. I was over the moon since I also had feelings for him. We took things slow and dated for four months until we finally become a couple. We officially dated for five months and things were great but unfortunately due to school and having strict old-fashioned parents we were only allowed to see each other once/twice a week for a couple of hours but we texted and called each other every day. Half ways through the relationship, an old friend of mine confessed to me that he had feelings for me which made me have doubts in my relationship. Unfortunately, I become distant for a month and then snapped out of it but then me and my ex had a fight which then lead to a break because he said that he felt that we weren't really a couple since we never saw each other. Two days after the break, he decided to end things with me. He said that he felt that something was always missing in our relationship but he didn't know what it was and he kept talking about how happy he was the day we both confessed we had feelings for each other (never told each other that we loved each other)

and how long distance relationships made more of an effort (we lived 10 minutes way from each other). I asked if he had hope for us in the future and he said "he didn't know". At the end of the breakup discussion he said that if I ever needed anything to call him which I replied that I needed to move on and wanted NC. That night he proceeded to delete me off social media. I was doing fine for 2 weeks when he called me but I missed the call and texted back if it was an accidental call which he did not reply. Now I'm back to week 1 and just missing him and crying myself to sleep. I'm not sure if I should break the NC and try to reach out for him and win him back or continue the NC and move on?

I'm not sure if the age difference played a part. He's 25 and I'm 22 and he was in a long-term relationship two years prior to me and I don't know if that had any affect for him thinking things were too slow between us. I'm just heartbroken and it's been 4 weeks since the breakup and I understand this takes time but this breakup hurts the most and I just feel my mind is playing games with me and thinking that one day he will come back. :(

Edited by hopeless25
misspellings

Well, I'm sorry. But of course two points stand out. One is that you don't only have eyes for him but are also looking at other guys -- and that is because he isn't the one and it is also because you are only 22 and still have a lot of exploring and growing to do before you are mature enough to really know who is right for you.

The other is he doesn't like the pace of it and probably isn't also telling you that he too wants to see other people.

So this can't last and you shouldn't break no contact. It wasn't an ugly ending so if you run into each other in five years after you're both more mature and done some exploring and after you have left your parents' nest, then maybe you could try again. It's clear you are not really ready for a big relationship because you still haven't completed one step towards becoming an adult, which is making your own decisions instead of letting your mother do make them. That is a part of growing up. No hurry, but that comes first.