Will my ex boyfriend ever unblock me and contact me again?

emmylovespurple

My ex boyfriend is 36 and I'm 29, we both live in Dubai. From day one we knew we were soul mates and meant to be together, we had so much chemistry. He was so into me and I loved how he treated me, he was the most amazing boyfriend and always put me first. He hadn't had a girlfriend in 9 years until he met me so it was very special. 3 months into our relationship I was showing signs of jealousy and paranoia, because everyone I'd been with had cheated and lied to me. I had trust issues, even though I knew he would never cheat on me, he gave me no reason not to trust him. He asked me to move in to make me feel more secure and was supportive. I still went digging, went on his facebook and messaged girls from his past and created a drama for no reason. We were together for a year and a half and 6 months ago he ended our relationship. I just can't get over him, I love him and I'm sorry for what I did. I moved out, I begged, cried and pleaded but he wouldn't give me a chance he said I ruined it. I had to go home for a few weeks to cope with the pain, when I got back to Dubai I lost my job and reached out to him. He was always blocking and unblocking me on whats app but when I spoke to him he was horrible to me, said I deserved it and not to come to him for help. Now he has me blocked on everything but an email address, I want him back, can this ever work out? I know I hurt him but I learnt my lesson and I'd never do that again given the chance. Will he ever talk to me again? :(

No, he will not contact you again. No amount of apologies can undo the type of behaviour you exhibited.

• Like 1
FailedFirstLove

I think it's going to take time for him but you need to work on yourself and fix your issue. He won't believe you've fixed your issue if you haven't done anything about it. These things take time. It couldn't have been very healthy if you were acting like that. If you are soulmates then he will find his way back. If not then it's not him

• Like 2

He might, but I doubt it.

I wouldn't.

He just needs a special person to treat him well. You were the opposite of that. Not something a "soulmate" would do and I doubt he wants to chance going through that again. If it were me, that door would be permanently closed.

• Like 1

Oh man, unfortunately i don't think this guy is going to be taking you back; HOWEVER, there was a major lesson here. You need to work on your trust issues, get some therapy, start knowing your worth and realizing that you actually are capable and deserving of having a healthy relationship filled with true genuine trust. Once you are able to accept that, then you can have a relationship. Once you work on you and get to where you need to be, you wont make this same mistake again with the next guy. Hang in there!

My ex boyfriend is 36 and I'm 29, we both live in Dubai. From day one we knew we were soul mates and meant to be together, we had so much chemistry. He was so into me and I loved how he treated me, he was the most amazing boyfriend and always put me first. He hadn't had a girlfriend in 9 years until he met me so it was very special. 3 months into our relationship I was showing signs of jealousy and paranoia, because everyone I'd been with had cheated and lied to me. I had trust issues, even though I knew he would never cheat on me, he gave me no reason not to trust him. He asked me to move in to make me feel more secure and was supportive. I still went digging, went on his facebook and messaged girls from his past and created a drama for no reason. We were together for a year and a half and 6 months ago he ended our relationship. I just can't get over him, I love him and I'm sorry for what I did. I moved out, I begged, cried and pleaded but he wouldn't give me a chance he said I ruined it. I had to go home for a few weeks to cope with the pain, when I got back to Dubai I lost my job and reached out to him. He was always blocking and unblocking me on whats app but when I spoke to him he was horrible to me, said I deserved it and not to come to him for help. Now he has me blocked on everything but an email address, I want him back, can this ever work out? I know I hurt him but I learnt my lesson and I'd never do that again given the chance. Will he ever talk to me again? :(
  • Like 1

We can't say for sure if he is going to come back or not, but what I would suggest you to do now is to take some time to work on your issues with a therapist. I think it's the best thing to do now for yourself and for your future relationship.

ExpatInItaly

He isn't coming back, no.

You might speak to him again someday, but there is virtually no hope of reconciliation here. You behaved in a way that indicates you are not emotionally stable and not trustworthy yourself.

I dated a man who did something very similar, and when I found out, that door was closed forever. I was furious and have not spoken to him since. However, I have moved on a to a much more secure, loving man who understands what appropriate boundaries are.

Instead, get yourself some professional help in dealing with your insecurity and jealousy. Otherwise, you will repeat this in future relationship.

If he is wise, he won't unblock you.

And if you are wise, you will find a counselor to help you to deal with your anxiety before you begin another relationship.

Best wishes.