My ex gf texted me after we said we were done speaking. Can you help me with this?

So i apologize in advance because im most likely going to forget some details, but ill make sure to include the big, important things. So me and my ex gf of 3 years broke up over 3 months ago and for the first 2 months a lot happened. We talked, cried, hung out, had sex, and talked about getting back together a lot. Ultimately, we never ended up getting back together because she couldnt get over a mental hump.

I respected that reason and never gave her **** for it. The thing that hurt was that she always kept the door open for me and played games with me on the daily basis. I knew she was doing this, but i was dealing with it because i truly believed that we would get back together sooner rather than later (stupid i know). I found out that she blocked me on facebook one day, so i did some research and discovered that she blocked me and my family because she got a boyfriend and made it official on facebook.

All in all, i freaked out on her when i found out and pretty much said everything that was on my mind for the past 2 months because i knew we werent ever getting back together now. After that, we talked the next day and didn't really get anywhere, but i did tell her that i wanted her to pick between me or this new guy (also stupid and unfair i know). She said she wanted to sleep on it and we'd talk the next day, so we did. Ultimately, the next day i asked her and she said it was just too much for her to come back to me.

With that said, i told her that we were never going to talk again (not in a mean way, just being honest lol) and she paused for a solid amount of time. It was kinda weird that she seemed so sad that she wasnt going to speak with me anymore. It was probably because she wanted me to be a fall back guy and i wasnt having it. I even told her that i wanted to be the primary guy in her life or not be involved at all. We said goodbye to each other (the convo was on the phone) and we didnt speak for a month. Then all of a sudden, last night she texted me saying " Hey, you dont have to answer if you dont want to..

but i just wanted to say hi and hope all is well". Now i didnt answer because i am sticking to my word, but what does she mean by this? For all i know, shes still with her new bf and is enjoying her summer with him and her best friend. Of course i realize that shes probably just saying it to be nice or show that she cares, but honestly it just makes me feel some type of way. So pretty much what im asking is what do you think is meant by her texting me? Thanks for the help!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
paragraghs, please use them

She is fishing for attention...disregard the message. It doesn't say anything. It's almost as generic as an out of office reply.

• Like 1

It's breadcrumbs or bait to feed her ego.

Any amount of time you spend on this will be a total waste.

She was probably seeing someone else which is why she dumped you.

She's shown you who she is and you should believe her.

Block everything and move on.

• Like 1
So i apologize in advance because im most likely going to forget some details, but ill make sure to include the big, important things. So me and my ex gf of 3 years broke up over 3 months ago and for the first 2 months a lot happened. We talked, cried, hung out, had sex, and talked about getting back together a lot. Ultimately, we never ended up getting back together because she couldnt get over a mental hump.

She had someone else already

I respected that reason and never gave her **** for it. The thing that hurt was that she always kept the door open for me and played games with me on the daily basis. I knew she was doing this, but i was dealing with it because i truly believed that we would get back together sooner rather than later (stupid i know). I found out that she blocked me on facebook one day, so i did some research and discovered that she blocked me and my family because she got a boyfriend and made it official on

He was there all along. You let yourself get played

All in all, i freaked out on her when i found out and pretty much said everything that was on my mind for the past 2 months because i knew we werent ever getting back together now. After that, we talked the next day and didn't really get anywhere, but i did tell her that i wanted her to pick between me or this new guy (also stupid and unfair i know). She said she wanted to sleep on it and we'd talk the next day, so we did. Ultimately, the next day i asked her and she said it was just too much for her to come back to me.

She already made the choice. She chose him and dumped you.

With that said, i told her that we were never going to talk again (not in a mean way, just being honest lol) and she paused for a solid amount of time. It was kinda weird that she seemed so sad that she wasnt going to speak with me anymore. It was probably because she wanted me to be a fall back guy and i wasnt having it. I even told her that i wanted to be the primary guy in her life or not be involved at all. We said goodbye to each other (the convo was on the phone) and we didnt speak for a month. Then all of a sudden, last night she texted me saying " Hey, you dont have to answer if you dont want to..

You wasted your time trying to manipulate her here. Men just cut it off period.

but i just wanted to say hi and hope all is well". Now i didnt answer because i am sticking to my word, but what does she mean by this? For all i know, shes still with her new bf and is enjoying her summer with him and her best friend. Of course i realize that shes probably just saying it to be nice or show that she cares, but honestly it just makes me feel some type of way. So pretty much what im asking is what do you think is meant by her texting me? Thanks for the help!

The worst thing for you is to lower yourself to a plan B status. Nice call!!!

Now finish this and block everything

Most dumper's do not want to be seen as the bad guy.

So they want to be able to move on and be able to say

"Oh, John? Yes I spoke to him the other day, he is getting along well and we are going to meet up as friends for coffee next week."

No hard feelings whatsoever, the dumper is being very sensible and "adult" and can't be a bad person if the dumpee has agreed to be friends with them, can they?

They do not want to have the dumpee, simmering with anger and rage or sobbing their heart out in the background, do they?

They do not want to have created an enemy or a victim

No, they want to smooth the waters, so that all is happy with the world again...

You already know-shes playing games with you. You already admitted that

******Moderators Note********

Thread closed till the thread starter comes back, if they would like the thread opened then alert on this post and we will do so, thanks

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator