What happened?!

I had been seeing this guy for a few months...long distance. At the end of the first month, he moved to San Francisco to live with his best friend(a guy). We decided that I would move out there to live with them in May.

Now we used to talk to each other every night through AIM with our webcams turned on, and would usually end up calling each other and talking for hours. It was going so wonderfully until he moved. When he got to SF he didnt really have a phone he could use to call me, and they had dial up, so our conversations dwindled down to just about nothing. Maybe every 3 days we would be able to talk to each other. This worried me a lot and I expressed concern to him and he assurred me that everything was fine.

Well last week we were playing an online game, World of Warcraft, and he was hardly talking to me. I understand that the game takes concentration, but his best friend was talking to me more than he was! Finally we all had logged off and we were started talking in AIM. He was talking about how he gets drunk just about every night. Then when it was time for us to say goodbye, he didn't even say he loved me(which he always did). The next night when we talked on AIM(I had to innitiate the convo after he didnt message me for 10 minutes) he was telling me how his friend took him to a pub and he started drinking there. At the same time he was telling his best friend that he had met a girl there...but he didnt hook up with her. His friend told me this but I didn't really care about him meeting people. The part that irked me was that he was responding to me like, every 5 minutes or so, and he didn't inquire as to how I was or anything of that nature. When it was time to say goodbye, he acted casual again and didnt say I love you, so I typed: "Look...I don't know what is going on with you, but your acting really strange lately and it's starting to worry me. I don't understand some of the things your doing and you seem not to want to strike up a conversation with me. I am not going to message you unless you take the initiative to talk to me first."

With that...he logged. I haven't heard from him since. I tried talking to him for the past 3 days, asking him to please talk to me about what is going on, and he hasn't said a word. On his myspace.com profile he put in that he is now single. ???? What did I do? I can't get him to tell me anything! Even his best friend doesn't know what is going on with him because he is ignoring him too!

I've already told my parents that I'm not moving to SF and that I will need a place to stay for a while until I can get some money together (I hadn't signed a lease for another year and it ran out this month). I've pretty much given up hope on even finding out what happened and why he decided to break up with me without even telling me. It just drives me nuts that he can just throw something away like it doesn't even matter.

ReluctantRomeo
Originally posted by Shasta

I haven't heard from him since... On his myspace.com profile he put in that he is now single. ???? What did I do? I can't get him to tell me anything!

He's being a grade A, 24-carat bastard. They don't come much purer than this. Even if he's just messing with your head and hasn't broken up with you, that's an incredibly mean thing to do.

I've already told my parents that I'm not moving to SF... I've pretty much given up hope on even finding out what happened and why he decided to break up with me without even telling me.

On the positive side, be grateful that you found out now. One of my best friends was dumped 3 weeks *after* he had moved to be with her.

It just drives me nuts that he can just throw something away like it doesn't even matter.

It *is* pretty mindbending. You sound sweet and certainly deserve better.

• Author

^^ Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your comments. It's been a whole week and I still haven't heard anything from him. And I am glad that I didn't move to be with him. That would have just been a waste of time to move out there and find out he doesnt really want to be with me.

ReluctantRomeo

Hi Shasta,

How's it going? Did you ever hear from that guy?

• Author

He is still ignoring me unfortunately. It isn't that bothersome anymore actually. I've gotten over it and learned to move on. I figure, he will always be a jerk and I don't want that kind of a person in my life.

ReluctantRomeo
Originally posted by Shasta

he will always be a jerk and I don't want that kind of a person in my life.

I think you have the right attitude. It's sad but true - there are plenty of them out there.

There are also plenty of good guys who won't just drop you without explanation. Good hunting!