When you get confirmation from an ex of an ex...

yellowhibiscus

Recently spoke with an ex of my last ex boyfriend (who I was told was a crazy, psycho [cheater] of course) which really confirmed everything that I have been feeling since our break up. Now I know everyone has their own version of how a break up occurs and it can be very much an issue of he said/she said.

BUT when you have had all of these sneaking suspicions that your boyfriend was talking/flirting with other women while you two were together (among other major issues) and were told that it was just me being a snoop/over sensitive/crazy etc (even though you have evidence)...and you find out from his ex that HE cheated on her- which he never admitted to me...it makes things all a bit clearer.

Funny thing is, he was always the super controlling one making accusations that I was cheating on him, accused me of having sex with another guy because I had clothes in my car, threatened to put cameras in the bedroom because a pillow was moved, and would say "tell him I said hi" during EVERY argument among other out there accusations.

Maybe HE was guilty of something and projecting it on me?? I have been having such a hard time getting over all of it and hallelujah, finding this out is really helpful to me...still hurts though!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs and language
airborne3502

Cheaters tend to be the most insecure. I mean why not? If they can do it anyone can, right?

You bring up a good point though:

My ex was the victim of physical and mental abuse. She said she wasn't always the best wife, and it annoyed me that she was covering for his bad behavior.

However, it got me thinking:

There are two sides to every story.

She obviously made him so angry - he hit her. I am NOT condoning that in any way shape or form. I just doubt he walked through the door after work and started wailing on her. To hear her tell it, he was a saint the first four years they were together. He ultimately cheated and left.

Our first and last argument, she unfairly projected him onto me.

The more I think about it, the more I feel I dodged a bullet.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Redact full quote of starting post