Sad after breakup

Crab_Rangoon

My ex and i broke up about 6-7 months ago. It was very much mutual.

We hit a rough patch a couple of months before the split (i was going through college stress at the time but she was somewhat selfish and unsupportive in my opinion)

We decided to take a break, slept with other people, tried again and still werent happy so we moved out and went our separate ways.

This is where the logical reasons i know our breakup was for the best end and emotions start to take over.....

Several things still really bother me about it

1. One of the last times we spoke she said "ive lost a boyfriend but i've gained a best friend" and within weeks she had cut off all contact with me. obviously i feel like an idiot for this

2. She immediately started dating someone else she already knew (i believe they probably slept together when we took a break). She even brought him to help her move out, hard not to feel a bit like a cuck.

3. Her and new guy are now living together and its very hard not to feel kind of replaced.

I on the other hand have dated/slept with a tonne of girls over the 6 months just past, but i find myself unable to get over her. i know i helped end it for a reason but how can you get over someone you loved so much just throwing you aside like that?

I guess my question is, am i normal to still be depressed over this? is it mostly the fact that im in my final year of college and im stressed and constantly exhausted? is it just the shift in my life making me feel displaced? lack of social life? or should i consider getting help for actual clinical depression, as in did this trigger something already inside me?

Thanks for anyone who read my long moanings

ps. her new guy looks a little like me but fatter, its the little victories :cool:

Although it will go away in time, you will not be fully over her until you find someone who has a similar set of qualities. Also, the fact she has moved on makes you feel like your RL was easily replaceable.

Keep looking for another girl until you find one you want to keep. Then you won't care about your ex.

I'm sorry it didn't work out. Maybe after a few years if you're both more mature, but you can't just wait. I mean, it didn't work out and she has had no issues moving on, so I have to believe she wasn't that invested, at least at the end. It's so painful. But I'm glad you're dating. I know it can certainly take a long time to process a breakup and stop hurting as much. You'll meet someone who will make you forget her though.