so frustrated i could scream....opinions would be appreciated

my ex and i are "dating". we tell eachother we love eachother, but i am now at the breaking point. last night he took me to the drive ins for my birthday, and bought me a couple of packs of cigs. then spent the night.

this morning, i got flowers from my kids. when he got up, he said, who are the flowers from, your new man and squeezed my shoulders. i wouldnt tell him right away who they were from. i asked him if it would bother him if i did find someone new. he said yeah it would bother me, but if it made u happy, then i would be happy for you. i told him that he cant give me what i want and he said i know. he then left shortly after because he had things to do.

its my birthday, and he is not here. he says he loves me, but this conversation tells me otherwise. if he loved me, wouldnt he be trying to hold on to me? i dont understand it.

Happy Birthday! Sorry, it is going a little sour. He didn't get you flowers and he might feel bad. Maybe he does realize he can't give you what you want so he is backing off. Tell him you where thinking about the conversatin you had with him, and When he says what ever makes you happy... I would say I want you to make me happy. Then see what happens. If he says he can't give you what you want then ask him why are we together?

• Author

thank you. and thank you for the advice as well. i think i will use it. he has to drop something off for my step father later, so i will confront him then. thanks again

• Author

well, he stopped over and i told him that we needed to talk. i told him that i am tired of the games and the hurt. i told him that i love him and want just him. i told him that we have a son together and we either need to get our crap together, if he does love me or break away completely. i told him that i want him to make me happy. told him to think about it. when he left it was the usual, i love you and kiss and as he pulled away, a horn beep. i invited him over for cake later today. even though he may not be able to eat it,(just got his tongue pierced last night) if he really wants me, he will show up anyway. thanks to the advice on here, i got the courage to get it out in the open. thank you.

I'm glad you said that to him!!! What did he say back to you?? Hopefully he will show up later...

• Author

when we spoke earlier, he just took in what i said and nodded. he did show up for cake but i was not home. my daughter said he ate a piece of cake and hung around for a few min. and told her to let me know he did come over.

Obviously he does care about you and doesn't want to lose you or he wouldn't have came back for cake. He even hung out with out you being there that was good too. I would just go with the flow of things for right now. See where that takes you!!!

• Author

he called today to see what the baby and i were doing. i told him i received a check in the mail (he knows my car is broke down) he got out of work early today, and shortly after showed up at my house to take me to cash it. he brought me a pack of cigs. he would not let me pay him back and would not take money for gas. it seems we are finally going in the right direction. he stayed until our son went to sleep. i hope this is a new beginning for us. because i told him that we needed to let go of the past and start fresh if we are going to be together. whatever is meant to be will be. i need to thank you for the advice on here once again. without it, i may still have been as frustrated as i was the day i posted the thread.

I'm glad to see things are working out between the both of you!!! Keep me posted !!!