Having a hard time moving on a year later

yellowhibiscus

yellowhibiscus

So I have heeded all the advice given to me since my break up last year. I have tried to keep busy, have tried new hobbies (taken up yoga and paddle boarding), have tried taking good care of myself, even tried dating (very unsuccessfully and have since stopped even looking) and I really feel I am no farther along in my progress of getting over my ex. It was not a good relationship and I in no way want him back. He left and was immediately in a new relationship. I just want to get over this pain. At this point, my family is tired of hearing about it and no one understands why I still feel this way. I think I need to seek counseling and get on medication or something because I feel like I am in a deep hole that I can't get out of.

What I don't understand is why I feel this way when he was horrible to me. I should be happy that I got out of it. I have had many people ask me out but I even the thought of trying to get close to someone else gives me an anxiety attack and I have to tell them sorry I am not ready to date.

I feel kind of hopeless and not sure what else to do :( I know there may be really no good advice to give to me, I just needed a place to get it out.

Cookiesandough

Sorry you are still hurting. Have you been COMPLETELY NC this whole time? That includes not seeing him even in pics, checking social media updates, responding to crumbs etc