I can't seem to let go of my ex's?

I guess that's it exactly, it takes me a very long time to forget about someone I loved or cared about, even if I was only with them for a few months. I always cut off contact, take a break from dating and try to get on with my life, but the thoughts remain. They lessen over time, but two months after only a 7 week relationship I can still find myself grieving to some extent. I seem to have the same repeating thoughts after a breakup, things like I'll never find someone like him, how'd I screw it up, etc. each time I find someone else I realize these aren't true, but in the meantime it's hard to convince myself (because usually each relationship is better and lasts even longer than the last). I'm only in my teens, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I can see this thought cycle and I want to break it so I can live my life with my friends and family free of the burden of past relationships, be a normal teenager who's not always trying to get over someone. I'm very busy and I have a good life, but these thoughts always come creeping up on me, and it makes it hard to let an ex go until I fall for someone else, or at least for a long time. Does anyone have advice?

Exactly the same here, I'm three months removed from a three month relationship and I've only just reached acceptance and asked her to stop reaching out to me. It was hard to do it and accept that it's done but like you I have trouble letting go. I remember it taking me forever to get over my 10 month relationship I had two and a half years ago. Funny how I look back now and I don't think I even loved her and wonder why it took so long.

Are you happy with other aspects in your life? That's all I can think it points to. I know I have a few things I want to change and perhaps is why we hold on for so long, because we don't have much else going on in our lives. My other bit of advice would be to stay single for a bit, figure out who you are and why it is you get so attached etc.